Provide engineering and operational leadership of functions within Identity & Access Management (currently directory services and access provisioning). Drive modernization and continuous improvement across all processes, leading to best in class implementation. Lead a team of associates and contractors, ensuring that associates have development and growth paths. Contribute to the executive leadership of Access & Internal Threat team.
Lead IAM for maturity, implementation of modern solutions. Bring transformation in IAM space for a fortune 30 company.
The Systems Engineer Sr. Manager is responsible for attracting, retaining and developing top talent focused on market needs, and inspiring Systems Engineering teams to provide quality service to drive a highly stable infrastructure in support of The Home Depot's business. The Systems Engineer Sr. Manager focuses on guiding and executing the implementation, maintenance, and support of hardware, software, and systems necessary to enable sales, drive efficiency, and build customer satisfaction. Within their Systems Engineering teams, Systems Engineer Sr. Managers, work closely with business stakeholders and the stores. They support system planning reviews and communicate with, and present across, all levels of the organization.
The Systems Engineer Sr. Manager is a strategic leader that is skilled and experienced in generating innovative ideas for growth within their respective area and across the systems engineering organization. The Sr. Manager must exhibit the ability to lead managers and their teams and drive change management and process improvement.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
40% - Strategy & Planning:
- Drives Systems Engineering by reviewing performance and directing work efforts of Engineers and vendors to ensure alignment with company, stakeholder, and end user priorities
- Aligns Systems Engineering efforts across products and projects
- Understands enterprise goals and KPIs to ensure value is delivered against them
- Gains a thorough understanding of end user needs, both existing and potential, and uses that knowledge to help design infrastructure that exceeds expectations
- Communicates with key user and operational groups to understand business needs
- Elicits ideas and assists team members with gaining shared understanding of systems engineering techniques
- Markets and promotes Systems Engineering capabilities so that end users understand the team's capabilities and the associated benefits
- Presents complex design concepts and rationale to multidisciplinary teams, as well as to key stakeholders and business partners
- Contributes to and makes recommendations for strategic plans in support of key objectives in a timely and fiscally responsible manner
- Supports and nurtures strategic vendor relationships; recommends ways to influence vendors that align to domain, portfolio, and enterprise strategic objectives
15% - Delivery & Execution:
- Provides guidance on configuration, debugging, and support for infrastructure
- Guides field and corporate roll-outs of technology
- Guides the stand up of necessary system software, hardware, and equipment (physical or virtual) to meet changing infrastructure needs
- Reviews specifications for complex technology solutions
- Provides regular status to leadership regarding progress of Systems Engineering efforts
- Reviews and approves purchase requests for hardware and software
- Makes suggestions that help drive operational excellence to create internal customer satisfaction and meet operational metrics
15% - Support & Enablement:
- Removes roadblocks and obstacles that may impair Systems Engineers to help ensure efforts meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Receives and prioritizes escalations and incoming requests from product teams and stakeholders
- Guides the production of in-house documentation around solutions
- Monitors tools and proactively helps teams struggling with systems issues
30% - People:
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and coaching to Systems Engineering professionals
- Attracts, retains, and develops top talent
- Conducts annual and mid-year reviews, reviewing individual development plans and providing performance feedback
- Fosters collaboration with team members to drive value and identify and resolve impediments
- Advocates for the end user and stakeholder by becoming associated with the product, empathizing with and understanding user needs
- Guides more junior team members in strategy, alignment, analysis, and execution tasks
- Participates in and contributes to learning activities around systems engineering core practices (communities of practice)
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to the Technology Director, Sr. Director or Vice President.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant condition
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 10+ years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Attracts Top Talent: Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs
Balances Stakeholders: Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders
Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization s goals
Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization s goals
Drives Engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
Drives Vision and Purpose: Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
Organizational Savvy: Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics
Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.