The DC Area Maintenance Supervisor will lead an hourly team and influence the entire distribution team to do the fast-paced work required to run the distribution center as efficiently, safely and productively as possible. This role will handle management responsibilities for the team members under his/her supervision. This role is responsible for ensuring prompt, efficient and accurate handling of merchandise as well as developing and implementing team goals. This role is responsible for hiring, evaluation, development, discipline, and termination of hourly associates. This role has management responsibilities for 5-6 hourly associates.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Managing Process: Ensures all operations procedures are followed effectively, and identifies and recommends needed changes to Operations Manager and/or Assistant General Manager on the standardized processes for the functional area. Evaluates and analyzes current work methods and recommends ways to eliminate inefficiencies.
- Coaching and Developing Associates: Guides associates in daily operations, and monitors to ensure a high degree of productivity, safety, service and quality. Responsible for the training, coaching and feedback of hourly associates, and performs regular evaluations of associates through factual data and subjective observations. Uses discretion to provide coaching and counseling to associates regarding job performance, methods of performing job tasks. Resolves associate relations issues that arise in assigned functional area. Responsible for hiring, compensation, discipline and terminations of hourly associates in assigned department. Investigates operational errors to determine the cause and recommends corrective action where needed.
- Drives Results: Maintains inventory accuracy and control; reviews reports identifies area of improvement for key metrics including productivity, accuracy, quality, and expenses.
- Business Planning: Coordinates and monitors operations with the functional area to ensure performance production rates are consistent with business plan and pattern, reducing irregularities and damages. Reviews reports and business metrics to analyze and plan staffing needs for optimum department operations. Additional Responsibilities: Other duties as assigned by Operations Manager, Assistant General Manager or General Manager
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to the Operations ManagerAccountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others.
- Planning, monitoring and reviewing work of subordinates is required. This may include direct supervision of a shift or the coordination of multiple work groups.
- Makes recommendations concerning selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 2
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Flexibility to work various shifts
- Ability to relocate
- Bachelor's Degree
- Computer skills in software including Microsoft Office
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems
- 3 + years supervisory experience in a related field
KNOWLEGE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- People Management: Assesses skills and manages the work and productivity of others while coaching and developing talent.
- Financial Acumen: Utilizes fundamental concepts of finance to assist with managing budgets, forecast labor, and provide information to account for the financial impact of decision-making.
- Creative Thinking: Demonstrates originality and imagination in thinking while developing a solution to a problem.
- Business Communication: Writes, speaks, and presents clearly and succinctly across a variety of communication settings and adjusts communication style to the audience.
- Conflict Management: Views conflict as an opportunity to find common ground and gain cooperation from all parties. Reads situations quickly, actively listens, and settles disagreements and disputes equitably.
- Operations Systems: Understands and uses systems and tools used for day-to-day operation of a facility. Navigates the various DC operations systems in order to retrieve data accurately and effectively.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.