The Manager Media Audience Marketing oversees all aspects of media planning to support Agile Marketing and is a key influencer on pod strategy both inside and outside of the Agile framework. Responsible for working within the Agile marketing team to understand specific business and communication goals and oversee the creation and execution of media plans within the context of the overall marketing mix. Analyzes industry trends, media results and business environment to improve strategies and plan recommendations. Manages media budget and is responsible for reporting media results and insights. Supervises media agency planning and buying for areas of responsibility.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Partner with Media leadership and Agile team to develop media recommendations that support Agile goals and objectives
- Direct media agency on creation and execution of Agile media plans
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with marketers and cross-functional teams (creative, social, finance, Consumer Insights, CRM, HD.Com, PR, etc.)
- Analyze and report on media performance and incorporate learning into current and future planning. Agile will require very regular reporting & optimization (near real-time)
- Budget management and stewardship of media buys
This position typically reports to Director, Merchandise Marketing
This position has 0 direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
No travel required
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Education Required: The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Advertising media agency planning/buying experience
- Previous client-side media planning experience
- Previous management experience Retail/multi outlet advertising experience
- Masters degree
• Strong leadership abilities and experience managing teams and cross-functional work relationships, both internally and with external agency and media partners
• Highly organized with ability to combine strategic direction with hands on tactical execution
• Strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to conceptualize and build integrated media plans
• Strong presentation skills with ability to gain alignment on recommendations
• Must be proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint
• Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks/responsibilities
• Must be organized and a strong communicator Working knowledge of marketing, finance, advertising, merchandising and operations
• Builds effective partnerships throughout the organization
• Partners with Director(s) to set strategy and long term media plan for Agile marketing
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.