This Manager for Data Protection Engineering is a leader in the Cybersecurity Internal threat Operations group within The Home Depot’s Chief Information Security Office. This person is responsible for leading and managing a team of passionate engineers who work to build next-gen data security solutions to secure and protect the world’s largest home improvement retailer. They will define strategy and roadmap, develop enterprise architecture, and lead design and implementation of data security solutions across The Home Depot enterprise. The person in this role will have an in-depth understanding of the data security landscape. They will be the face of Data Protection engineering to other areas of the organization and work closely with enablement and senior leadership on new initiatives. They will be responsible for growing the team and developing a collaborative and engaging team environment.
The Systems Engineer Manager is responsible for attracting, retaining and developing top talent focused on market needs and inspiring Systems Engineering teams to provide quality service to drive a highly stable infrastructure in support of The Home Depot's business. The Systems Engineer Manager focuses on guiding and executing the implementation, maintenance, and support of hardware, software and systems necessary to enable sales, drive efficiency, and build customer satisfaction. Within their Systems Engineering teams, Systems Engineer Managers, work closely with business stakeholders and the stores. They support system planning reviews and communicate and present across all levels of the organization.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
30% - Strategy & Planning:
20% - Delivery & Execution:
- Looks across teams with a focus on alignment and dependencies
- Gains a thorough understanding of infrastructure needs and guides teams to design infrastructure platforms that meet end user requirements
- Translates product and project goals into infrastructure strategy and clearly communicates direction and priorities to teams and business partners
- Determines value to the business of anticipated Systems Engineering efforts
- Identifies goals, metrics, and appropriate analytics to measure the performance of Systems Engineering teams; continually makes recommendations and refinements on approaches based on learnings
- Reviews recommended solutions and work of Systems Engineers to ensure alignment with company, stakeholder, and end user priorities
20% - Support & Enablement:
- Leads configuration, debugging, and support for infrastructure
- Leads field and corporate roll-outs of technology
- Leads the stand up of necessary system software, hardware, and equipment (physical or virtual) to meet changing infrastructure needs
- Creates and optimizes specifications for complex technology solutions
- Provides regular status to leadership regarding progress of Systems Engineering efforts
- Manages vendor relationships
- Manages, reviews, and approves purchase requests for hardware and software
30% - People:
- Removes roadblocks and obstacles that may impair Systems Engineers to help ensure efforts meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Receives and prioritizes escalations and incoming requests from product teams and stakeholders
- Guides the production of in-house documentation around solutions
- Monitors tools and proactively helps teams struggling with systems issues
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and coaching to Systems Engineering professionals
- Attracts, retains, and develops top talent
- Conducts annual and mid-year reviews, reviewing individual development plans and providing performance feedback
- Fosters collaboration with team members to drive value, and identify and resolve impediments
- Advocates for the end user and stakeholder by becoming associated with the product, empathizing with and understanding user needs
- Guides more junior team members in strategy, alignment, analysis, and execution tasks
- Participates in and contributes to learning activities around systems engineering core practices (communities of practice)
Typically reports to the Systems Engineer Sr. Manager, Technology Director or Sr. Director.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant condition
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Proficient at engineering and deployment of data protection at enterprise scale
- Experience with design and implementation of Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solution across all vectors - Endpoint, Network, Email, and Cloud.
- Experience with design and implementation of Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB)
- Areas of Focus: DLP, CASB, discovery, classification, DAM
- Experience with deploying, POC’s, vendor selection etc.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Mastery of data privacy and data security principles and best practices
- Experience leading cross-functional, modern architecture & engineering team
- Experience with design and implementation of Database Activity Monitoring (DAM) Solution
- Experience with design and implementation of Data Discovery and Data Classification solutions
- Proficient with either Windows or Linux environment
- Knowledge of GCP and Azure Cloud environments
- Understanding of networking, network security, application security
- Knowledge of PCI DSS, SOX, CCPA, FIPS 140-2
- Hold security certifications such as CISSP
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Attracts Top Talent: Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs
- Balances Stakeholders: Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization s goals
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization s goals
- Drives Engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Drives Vision and Purpose: Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
- Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Organizational Savvy: Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics
- Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.