- The Sr. Internal Controls Analyst contributes in a lead role to the Sr. Management team in working with the business to understand and document key financial controls in accordance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley Act.
- They will identify changes to those controls, identify control weaknesses, recommend solutions and coordinate with Internal and External Audit to test controls.
- The position will have the opportunity to lead various new initiatives throughout the business and will work directly with subsidiary businesses.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Supervise and/or lead the Annual/Quarterly SOX Scoping (identify legal entities/business units and accounts that are material for the company)
- Partner with internal audit and external auditors during the annual testing process. Provide guidance on the analysis and classification of testing exceptions, and coordinate remediation plans and execution
- Manage the Quarterly Sub-Certification Process with partnership of the control owners
- Maintain/Update Account Reconciliation Compliance policy and provide user training. Lead the review process for SOX, non-SOX and surprise account reconciliations on a monthly process including sending grading report
- Approve mitigation strategies for SAP Segregation of duty conflicts. Supervise the quarterly Role Owner certification process
- Lead the review and approval processes for the IT Change Requests
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position will report to a Manager.
- Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others.
- Planning, monitoring and reviewing work of subordinates is required. This may include direct supervision of a shift or the coordination of multiple work groups.
- Makes recommendations concerning selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 4 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Certified Public Accountant
- 4 years or more of Audit Experience, preferably with the Big 4
- Exposure to Financial Systems
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Comfortable speaking in front of others
- Experience using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio
- Able to adapt to a changing environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.