The Finance Innovation and Transformation (FIT) team is part of the Corporate Controller’s group (CCG) maintain integrated competency centers that help drive value realization. FIT helps finance leaders transform the finance function by moving away from traditional, highly manual transactional processes in a backward-looking function to a predictive and proactive mindset powered by intelligent insights and automation. FIT includes the following competency centers: Project Management Office, Product Management, Business Process Outsourcing, Process Optimization, Data Analytics, and Automation COE. FIT serves the Controller’s group as the digital hub and works cross-functionally with business partners in Finance and through-out Home Depot to support the company’s strategic objectives.
This position will reside within the FIT Product Owner Team. We are seeking a Project Lead for SAP and legacy products in the Record-to-Report, Procure-to-Pay and Order-to-Cash (O2C) business process workstream. The candidate should have a deep understanding/experience within one or more of these domains and hands-on experience as functional architect or configurator in maintaining / supporting various SAP products in a complex ecosystem inclusive of S4, legacy SAP and non-SAP systems.
The three work streams and relevant functional areas or scope are shown below -
- Record to Report (RTR): Master Data Design, Management and Governance, One Ledger Architecture; Cost Accounting; Financial Accounting; External Financial and Managerial Reporting; Acquire-to-Retire; Project Accounting; and Financial Planning and Forecasting
- Procure to Pay (PTP): Purchase and Inventory Accounting – Tracking, valuation and recordation of inventory movements from vendors through Supply Chain; Merchandise and Non-Merchandise Procurement, Payables and Payments (scope includes migrating Ariba and Concur T&E to cloud); and operational / managerial reporting
- Order to Cash (OTC): Sales Revenue Accounting; Accounts Receivable and Credit Collections; and operational / managerial reporting
The Project Lead is responsible for assessing market needs and inspiring cross-functional product teams to find the fastest way to achieve value around those needs. The role focuses on delivering business value to improve efficiency and improve customer satisfaction through quality products. The Project Lead will work closely with teams of developers, designers, and business partners. They support in-depth business reviews, communicate and present across all levels of the organization and support cross-functional product teams.
Responsibilities include -
- Partners with cross-functional internal teams and third-party System Integrators in designing processes and application functionalities.
- Identifying, developing and documenting current state / to-be state processes
- Identifying and documenting process gaps, vulnerabilities, risks and improvement opportunities in current state
- Identifying and documenting business needs; translating needs to requirements; Liaising with IT and Systems Integrator in designing application functionalities that satisfy the business requirements.
- Developing functional and technical specifications
- Identifying and analyzing potentially viable solutions
- Liaising with FI and IT stakeholders on testing strategies and solution deployment
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provides project planning and timeline management for the project.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring that the end result of development activity meets the business need.
- Coordinates the activities of staff and senior analysts including:
- Business process evaluation
- Procedure development
- System process flow and requirements
- QA planning and testing
- Implementation planning
- User training
- Production support for problems/enhancements
- Ensures adequate communication and proper integration across departments, systems and platforms.
- Selects, develops, and motivates assigned staff.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position typically reports to the Manager of Product Owner
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
- Under regular pressure to meet deadlines, quotas and/or must frequently deal with difficult issues related to people or situations.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate organizational structures and build credibility with internal clients / stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complexities of competing priorities and program inter-dependencies
- Ability to demonstrate strong business acumen; experience implementing financial processes and systems with an ability to discriminate between symptoms and root causes.
- Excellent facilitator capable of influencing people over which he / she has no authority
- Ability to direct, coach and mentor analysts and other junior members of the team.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Education Required - The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience - 3
Physical Job Requirements - Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.Preferred Qualifications
- 3 years of experience working in large, matrixed Retail organization as a Business Process SME in one or more functional areas within the four work streams.
- 2 years of focused experience in Business Process Re-engineering, Standardization and Continuous Improvement
- Demonstrated experience in implementing major ERP systems such as SAP as Functional SME or Configurator.
- CBAP, Lean Six Sigma
- Certification in SAP ECC (FICO) or S/4 Simple Finance Configuration or Implementation
- Product Management Experience (Scrum Master, Product Manager)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and internal accounting controls
- Project management experience w/formal project management approach using a systems development methodology.
- Able to effectively communicate with all departments and levels of associates through both verbal and written methods
- Track record of success at implementing large scale, complex projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.