Home Depot Pro is the business-to-business division of The Home Depot. The Home Depot Pro includes a compilation of top industry brands like Barnett Copper & Brass, US Lock and Leran Gas Products.
The Company prioritizes eight core values that are the cornerstone of our culture. A few include Entrepreneurial Spirit, Exceptional Customer Service and Taking Care of our People. The average tenure of our Home Depot Pro associates is over 10 years! Come build a long-lasting career with us.
Through the power of The Home Depot Pro, the purpose of the Inside Sales position is to develop, manage, and close short range and long-range sales strategies that will increase sales through new accounts, increase wallet share growth of present customers, improve customer satisfaction, maintain customer retention, and generate sales growth at acceptable gross margins for the assigned business segments.
If you are ready to put your sales skills to work at one of the world’s most globally recognized brands, we would like to talk to you!
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- •Profitably grow sales for all assigned accounts & market segments by leading, developing, managing, and executing a sales strategy that supports the organization’s goals and increases the company’s market share.
- •Secure profitable new account partnerships by prospecting, performing a needs analysis, developing a value based sales solution tailored to the customer’s needs, presenting a value based selling proposal, and profitably negotiating a successful close.
- •Demonstrate and utilize a comprehensive knowledge of other functional departments to support the profitable growth of the business unit; effectively collaborate with additional departments such as Merchandising, Operations, Inventory Control, Credit, and Special Orders
- •Strong ability to work independently and with a team
- •Develop, manage, and complete sales reporting for all assigned accounts & market segments that includes weekly, monthly and quarterly results and pipeline forecasts
- •Resolve customer challenges by investigating problems and developing sustainable & scalable solutions
- •Monitor external environment, competitive industry trends, and identify new product/services opportunities and funnel to management.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Has no direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- •Proven sales track record; results oriented
- •Proficient and comfortable using a solution-based sales methodology
- •Able to manage multiple priorities and projects
- •Ability to develop and deliver presentations at very high organizational levels and across various departments such as Purchasing, Accounting and Operations
- •Microsoft Office Suite of products
- •BS/BA preferred in related discipline, Marketing, Support Chain or Managerial Studies
- •Sales experience (50 or more accounts; revenue >$1M) including large account experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Above average communication skills via the phone and face to face.
- Sales leadership, professionalism, business development expertise, strong closing skills, and a proven track record of sales growth for areas of direct accountability are paramount to the success of this position.
- Highly-motivated sales hunter, assertive, out-of-the-box thinker
- Strong prospecting skills with the ability to speak to all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints
- Detailed, organized, strong analytical skills and a strategic approach to business are critical.
- Understanding and application of strategic planning to identify, target, and execute plans for sales growth
- The ability to understand and analyze a customer’s business, allowing for the identification of value based business opportunities that maximize profits
- Outstanding interpersonal communication, written and verbal skills to all levels of an organization
- Extraordinary presentation skills via the phone or in person that clearly demonstrate product value to the highest level decision makers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); understanding of additional applications such as Microsoft Access and web searches
- A true team player with the ability to work and interact across a broad spectrum to achieve success
- An avid networker who truly understands the concept of networking and its value
- Understanding of supply chain concepts and application of said concepts in a sales cycle
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.