Reporting to the Sr. Director, Accounting Research, this role will have responsibility and accountability for the research and resolution of complex technical accounting matters. This includes performing technical accounting research, preparation and review of robust accounting research memorandums, and significant involvement with external auditors and collaboration with accounting advisory specialists as necessary to align and resolve complex accounting issues. The ideal candidate will have strong background in technical accounting and US GAAP requirements, SEC reporting experience, as well as excellent written, communication and organization skills. Must be an extremely detail oriented self-starter with a passion for technical accounting and ability to work independently.
- Manage and resolve a number of complex technical accounting matters on a regular basis.
- Identify potential technical accounting issues and direct the technical accounting research, preparation and review of robust accounting research memorandums, collaboration with advisory partner subject matter experts (as needed) and overall resolution with external auditors.
- Serve as the Company’s subject matter expert on lease accounting (ASC 842) and work closely with the real estate accounting and legal teams to ensure all leases are properly reviewed and accounted for under ASC 842, including new leases, modifications and amended leases, etc.
- Proactively evaluate the impact of new accounting pronouncements, and the overall implementation of new accounting guidance, including the facilitation of trainings on new accounting standards and policy implementation.
- Work closely with local controllers and finance/accounting teams to provide excellent business partnership, as well as educate, implement and ensure compliance with US GAAP requirements and internal policies.
- Assist with form 10-Q and 10-K preparation by drafting technical matter specific disclosures and reviewing designated footnote disclosures as a subject matter expert.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Accounting and CPA license
- Minimum 8 years in accounting roles including public accounting and supervisory experience.
- Strong US GAAP technical accounting background and passion, including focus in various accounting areas such as ASC 260, ASC 350, ASC 360, ASC 420, ASC 606, ASC 712, ASC 718, ASC 805, and ASC 842.
- Subject matter expertise in lease accounting pursuant to ASC 842 including experience with lease accounting software.
- Significant exposure to public company (SEC-regulated) financial reporting
- Demonstrated technical skills including: ability to research complex accounting literature and complete technical analysis with thorough level of documentation.
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking, problem-solving, and sound communication skills (written and oral).
- Proven management and leadership skills – including team-orientation with a track record of strong collaboration, ability to work independently, high-degree of self-initiative, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Retail experience preferred but not required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.