The Manager of Sourcing for Transportation will be responsible for developing, executing, and managing sourcing initiatives (lead RFP events, conduct cost optimization projects, and identify cost savings initiatives) across various Transportation & Delivery categories, that includes but not limited to: Truckload (OTR & Dedicated), Less than Truckload, Parcel, Ocean Freight, Parcel, and Private Fleet.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 25% - Motivate people to give their best efforts by goal setting, coaching and communicating performance expectations, offering recognition and holding people accountable for results. Accurately assesses the strengths and weaknesses of associates and gives timely and constructive feedback. Participate in the selection and performance evaluation of the staff.
- 20% - Strategic planning and opportunity assessment for key sourcing categories across entire enterprise including supplier management, contract management, common procurement tools, and reporting.
- 20% - Develops and supports a strategic alliance with business partners. Participates in cross-functional activities focused on solving business issues and enhancing our competitive advantage.
- 10% - Lead negotiations for products and services within the assigned categories ensuring THD's specifications and quality for the best value are met.
- 15% - Partner with process improvement organization to develop the foundation for cost out and cost avoidance metrics.
- 10% - Assign projects to monitor progress relating to strategic sourcing activities
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Typically reports to a Senior Manager, Procurement
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 6 years
Most of the time is spent sitting or standing in the same location or there may be a need to stoop regularly or move/lift light material or equipment (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Experience in sourcing Transportation categories
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience in process implementation and required internal controls
- MA/MS/MBA degree in business related field
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong analytical and administrative skills and superb negotiation skills to interface with suppliers and internal management
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Must be a known expert in the category or commodity: Must have excellent knowledge of not only the category, but how it fits into an overall business strategy.
- Ability to define vendor strategy at category level, establish vendor relationship guidelines and expectations. Make decision whether to maintain, exit or source new vendors.
- Extensive experience with financial systems that support the procurement function
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and other colleagues and demonstrate initiative, mature judgment, customer service orientation, and ability to anticipate needs of the organization
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.