Come build something different with The Home Depot.
Over the next few years, we will be migrating all our financial systems to S/4HANA in the Cloud including CAR, CFIN, ARIBA, inventory management and reporting. With over $100 billion in annual sales, 400,000 associates and 2,200 stores, this will be one of the largest tech finance transformations.
The initiative is powered by the latest SAP Activate methodology blended with an agile realization and support phase. As a member of the team, you will leverage SAP technologies and collaborate with a group of industry experts to advance this company-wide transformation.
In this position, the SAP Change Manager will:
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage Change Requests and execute the related controls
- Expert in landscape management for N and N+1 environments
- Provide streamlined delivery mechanism to get changes in a complex landscape from development to production while reducing risk by implementing the proper controls and processes.
- Ensure compliance with SOX and internal standards for all change within the landscape.
- Define and lead change governance processes to ensure landscape consistency and supportability. Developing processes and governance compliant with SOD and SOX.
- Lead, plan and deliver change management processes and landscape design in alignment with SAP best practices and agile work delivery
- Work with PMO, PM's, Infrastructure and IT Service Delivery to establish integrated and aligned Release governance and aligned Environment Governance to facilitate deployment of multiple technical and configuration changes to production
- Release Planning, gate environment changes, deployment and validations via Change and Release Management (ChaRM) and Service Now
- Deliver education to allow for maximum utilization of the environment to move change
- Control and Maintain change and release tracker, release schedule and release calendar.
- Assist in road mapping of the SAP landscape and drive the evolution of change processes to support architectural evolution
- Design and configure tools to support agile work delivery within the SAP landscape
- Train teams on change management processes to effectively manage work within the release process.
- Support development teams in debugging transport issues for both ABAP and CTS+ transports and assisting technical users
- Cutover – CAB meeting, update ServiceNow and Change Docs, importing transports
- Coordinate implementation of patching, fixes and upgrade of SAP systems
- Provide support and advisory services
- Maintain, develop and coordinate processes with the external service provider/offshore team
70% - Delivery & Execution:
20% - Support & Enablement:
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Works with Product Team to ensure user stories that are developer-ready, easy to understand, and testable
- Writes custom code or scripts to automate infrastructure, monitoring services, and test cases
- Writes custom code or scripts to do "destructive testing" to ensure adequate resiliency in production
- Configures commercial off the shelf solutions to align with evolving business needs
- Creates meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively
10% - Learning:
- Fields questions from other product teams or support teams
- Monitors tools and participates in conversations to encourage collaboration across product teams
- Provides application support for software running in production
- Proactively monitors production Service Level Objectives for products
- Proactively reviews the Performance and Capacity of all aspects of production: code, infrastructure, data, and message processing
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Participates in learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)
- Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Typically reports to the Software Engineer Manager or Sr. Manager.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant condition
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
- Experience in an object oriented programming lan
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Solution Manager Implementation Activities:
- Configuration of Solution Manager, managed system configuration, ChaRM, Process Management and Test Suite.
- Management of ChaRM Change Control process
- Creation of Project and Maintenance cycles
- TMS configuration for system landscape
- Managing Solution Manager upgrades/service packs
Solution Manager Support Activities:
- Facilitate Change Review meeting to approve the Change requests for development, QA and production.
- Create new maintenance cycles post-release
- Error handling of the ChaRM documents.
- Check and resolve dependencies on each ChaRM document
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Background jobs
- Resolving production Solution Manager issues
- Business partner creation for the new users
- Deployment planning and execution of approved transport requests into production by weekly and monthly release windows
- Prepare User guides and manuals
- Vendor transports for upgrade and new installation
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Experience in Software Industry,
- Requires both process and technical abilities to ensure effective strategy
- Experience of core SAP transport mechanisms and advance tools (ChaRM) to manage transports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong facilities skills working with all levels of the organization
- Strong collaboration skills working with change owners and developers
- Strong understanding of Project Management, Software Development life cycle, Quality Assurance process, and Software Quality metrics.
- Solution Manager and Service Now for Change and Release Management.
- Knowledge on SOX.
- Implementations/deployments/integrationof SAP projects.
- ITIL Support including Incident, Problem, Migration, Change, Continuous Improvements,
- Experience In new Implementations, Enhancements, Upgrades, Maintenance, Testing, and Production Support/User Issues, as well as, Super-User and End-User Training and Documentation.
- Support of BPM Teams with business, process workflow and integration with other systems.
- Managing integration points between SAP and non-SAP systems
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Global Perspective: Taking a broad view when approaching issues; using a global lens
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.