The Sr. Operations Business Analyst will be responsible for sustaining and improving the company's core store facing operational reporting tools (non-financial) and overall reporting strategy. Additionally, they will be responsible for utilizing the data collected from these channels to develop a better understanding of our associates' ability to consume and impact our core metrics. They must possess a high level of attention to detail, the ability to distinguish multiple components of a problem, and develop conclusions using qualitative and quantitative skills.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to: partnering with business owners on the creation of new reporting and metrics, working with IT & Finance partners to support, enhance, and develop our existing tools, and providing general support to stores in their areas of responsibility.
They will typically receive direction from an Operations Process Manager and work cross-functionality (inside and outside of stores) to collaborate on assigned projects. Expertise managing varied responsibilities and deadlines, familiarity with manipulating and analyzing data, strong communication skills, and an in-depth of understanding of Home Depot stores is critical to the success in this role.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead Project Teams of Analysts and other associates
- Perform data gathering tasks, synthesis - develop solutions, project/strategy planning and data utilization
- Produce documents for teams and leadership to review and utilize.
- Deliver presentations to teams and executive leaders and sponsors
- Build skills and knowledge including self-development, team knowledge and customer (internal) knowledge
- Deliver presentations to teams and executive leaders and sponsors.
NATURE AND SCOPE
No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the leadership of a work group: assign and review work, train and contribute to performance appraisal (but not hiring, firing or disciplinary action).
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Engineering, or related field
- In depth experience with analysis and operational reporting
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deliver presentations to teams, leaders, and business partners
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively
- Desire to support and provide excellent customer service to field and internal partners including store associates and field leaders
- Ability to perform data gathering and analysis tasks - identify trends and patterns of root causes of problems, work cross-functionally, and manage projects with minimal supervision
- Proficient in: Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and SQL
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Experience leading high performing teams
- Consulting management and/or project management
- Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis
- Problem solving
- Strong Operations, Retail and/or field knowledge
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.