The Analyst, Category Experience works closely with their leadership team to understand the merchandising strategies and objectives. This position will analyze and leverage customer information and behaviors as well as competitive benchmarking to identify areas necessary to improve the customer research/shopping experience. Ultimately, these improvements will result in improved customer and associate satisfaction, increased traffic and sales, and improved conversion. This role is an opportunity to be at the leading edge of truly channel-interconnected retail leadership, while further building functional skills in merchandising.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 10% - Perform ad hoc reporting based on the business needs and extract the proper data from relevant systems.
- 40% - Analyze customer information (external data, internal research, site behaviors, post-transaction data) to identify the most significant opportunities to improve the customer experience across categories.
- 25% - Execute system changes for promotional activity.
- 25% - Execute taxonomy changes in the system necessary to support new onboarding and business changes.
Position reports to Manager or Senior Manager, Category Experience.
No Direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
No travel required
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0-1 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- - Strong numeric and advanced analytics aptitude
- - Basic technical aptitude with web-based tools and advanced proficiency of the Microsoft Office Suite
- - The ability to understand and influence cross-functional inputs to Merchandising, for achieving better output results
- - High comfort level with working in an ambiguous, fast paced environment
- - Ability to solve complex problems
- - Strong interpersonal, motivational, and communication skills (speaking, writing, presenting)
- - Strong attention to detail
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- - Action Oriented
- - Collaborates
- - Communicates Effectively
- - Customer Focus
- - Drives Results
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.