Senior Operations Business Analysts are responsible for leading small to medium subsets of larger projects and initiatives and individual processes that bring value to The Home Depot. They must possess a high level of analytical ability to distinguish multiple components of a problem and develop conclusions using quantitative skills. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to leading teams on projects, effective communication to teams and other leaders, reviewing and understanding sales/financial data, identifying trends in business and the retail industry. A successful Senior Operations Business Analyst will possess and demonstrate strong leadership skills, analytical ability, and communication.
The Energy Sr. Analyst plays a key role in The Home Depot’s energy management efforts. Success in this position requires effectively utilizing multiple tools (energy management systems, utility bill database, P&L reporting tools) to support initiatives focused on reducing energy spend and implementing renewable and alternative energy projects. The Sr. Analysts role also requires meaningful collaboration both internally among the energy management and building services teams, as well as externally with third party vendors.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead Project Teams of Analysts and other associates
- Perform data gathering tasks, synthesis - develop solutions, project/strategy planning and data utilization
- Produce documents for teams and leadership to review and utilize.
- Deliver presentations to teams and executive leaders and sponsors
- Build skills and knowledge including self-development, team knowledge and customer (internal) knowledge
- Deliver presentations to teams and executive leaders and sponsors.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the leadership of a work group: assign and review work, train and contribute to performance appraisal (but not hiring, firing or disciplinary action).
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles
- A Master's Degree is preferred. (5 years of work experience is preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Experience leading high performing teams
- Consulting management and/or project management
- Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis
- Problem solving
- Strong Operations, Retail and/or field knowledge
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.