The Decision Analytics Intern program offers talented analytics students the opportunity to develop their advanced analytics skills while supporting the Company s strategic objectives. Intern candidates are assigned to an analytics project aligned to business areas such as Merchandising, Operations or Finance. The 12-week project will focus on framing the analysis, gathering data, applying analytical techniques to distill insights and presenting their findings to senior leaders of the Company. Candidates are expected to leverage effective communication skills to translate complex analyses into understandable insights, with a passion to learn and developrevenue. Interns will have project-based work.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 50%- Execute tasks directly related to functional projects and/or process improvements.
- 20%- Participate in high level Executive meetings, gaining exposure to cross-functional business units, building networking relationships, learning / mentoring from top-level management
- 30%- Prepare and deliver insights and recommendations based on analysis
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position reports to a Manager or Senior Manager of Decision Analytics.
- This position has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Success working in a fast-paced, team environment; superior written and oral communication skills.
- Currently enrolled and pursing a MBA with a concentration in Business Analytics or Master s degree in Analytics, Finance, or Information Systems or related field is preferred
- Experience in SQL, SAS, Tableau, R, python and similar tools preferred
- Prior internship experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.