The Home Depot, the world’s largest home improvement retailer, is reimaging how its in-house creative team operates. This world class marketing powerhouse thrives at the intersection of art and science and is looking for entrepreneurial creative leaders to join this exceptional team.
We are seeking a Creative Sr. Manager who believes powerful ideas translate across a variety of media, so we’re seeking someone comfortable with—and adept at—working within a variety of disciplines (traditional and digital).
You’ll need experience in developing outstanding creative, a strategic mind, and the ability to connect human insight to customer needs. You’ll help guide creative development from concept through production - reviewing work, problem-solving, providing clear and actionable feedback, and leveraging channel best practices. Additionally, you’ll partner with account services to ensure business and strategic objectives are met and each deliverable aligns to brand standards.
Does this sound like you? Read on.
30% Communicate & Build Relationships— Establish and maintain relationships with Marketing, Merchandising, User Experience, MarTech, partner agencies, and internal stakeholders. Be a thought leader and subject matter expert, recognizing trends/opportunities and formulating hypotheses and creative recommendations relevant to the business and target audiences.
30% Drive Creative Excellence — Provide creative direction to a focused internal creative team, vendors, and external agencies. Develop and present industry-leading creative concepts while balancing strategic business objectives. Generate unique solutions that embrace new ideas. Collaborate with cross-functional partners to align creative across channels in alignment with the creative brief. Manage and maintain channel-specific brand guidelines and best practices while adhering to The Home Depot overarching brand standards. Champion the customer by thoroughly understanding their needs. Leverage data and user research to create engaging optimized experiences.
20% Build & Mentor— Manage a cross-disciplinary creative team of designers and writers while defining a world-class customer experience that bridges online and offline channels.
5% Drive Operational Efficiency — Organize and optimize creative processes to meet deadlines, streamline workflows, and research new technologies to increase efficiency at scale.
15% Test & Learn — Champion a culture of continuous testing and learning, leveraging customer insights, key performance indicators (KPIs) and success metrics to iterate and optimize creative executions. Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that might impair the team’s ability to meet goals and objectives.
Reports to: Creative Director
Direct Reports: 5
Travel: less than 5%
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 7 years
Most of the time is spent sitting or standing in the same location or there may be a need to stoop regularly or move/lift light material or equipment (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Drives Engagement
- Plans and Aligns
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Manages Conflict
- Creative problem solver with ability to concept and present various solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates thought leadership and tech savvy with ability to adapt quickly to change, multitask and set priorities while maintaining quality and attention to detail.
- Well-developed communication skills, including ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale to clients and teams
- Proven track record leading a team of designers and writers while partnering with cross-functional teams to support marking projects and strategic initiatives
- Experience applying design thinking methodologies to solve business and customer problems
- Previous creative leadership experience in a retail environment or advertising agency preferred.
- Portfolio demonstrating strong design, branding and storytelling abilities, with examples spanning consumer touchpoints (video/print/digital/social/retail), preferably in a retail context.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strategic thinker with an eye for effective marketing
- Excellent communication and relationship skills
- Positive, upbeat, can-do, and professional attitude
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.