Merchandising Execution Associates (MEAs) perform in-store merchandising service activities such as plano-gram maintenance, seasonal changes in product displays, product organization, display maintenance, and special projects designed to enhance the customer experience. MEAs execute merchandising strategies and
ensure product is displayed correctly to drive sales and maximize inventory turns. MEAs work in teams under the supervision of a Merchandising Execution Area Supervisor, and often provide service to multiple departments in the stores. MEAs take direction from the Area Supervisor (MEAS) and or Merchandising Execution Managers (MEM) . MEAs must build and maintain strong relationships with store personnel and provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers. MEAs service a multi-store territory which will require daily travel to different store locations.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
50% Maintain product sets in accordance with Merchandising direction, which includes but is not limited to:
- Read and interprets plan-o-gram to ensure set compliance.
- Straighten, clean and merchandise product to ensure merchandise is presented in a visually appealing manner
- Organize product and perform focused packdown on low stock and out-of-stock products utilizing store lift
- Maintain, straighten and clean shelves, fixtures, displays and product. Maintain up to date paperwork that
coordinates with the MET service standards.
- Build displays and maintain display material
- Maintain, order, and install material/signage
- Replace damaged or missing price labels
- Maintain aisle cleanliness and shop-ability so that merchandise is accessible and customers are able to
move throughout the aisles easily
- Partner with store leadership to markdown all damaged or un-sellable merchandise
- Walk cross-merchandising locations and fill product as needed per direction of the Area Supervisor
20% Execute approved projects including short term vendors initiatives. - Execute approved projects
requested by store, district, and regional leadership.
- Describe features and benefits of product to store associates on new items when project specifies.
- Explain steps needed to complete project, and products needed, when assisting a customer.
- Suggest related items/ services outside of department that customers may need for project. Participate in
monthly training curriculum.
20% Execute Seasonal resets as assigned.
10% Utilize store systems to access merchandising reports. Read, interpret, and execute action based on
findings. - Track and record all hours worked per project.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Merchandising Execution Associates report to the Merchandising Execution Managers, and take daily direction from Merchandising Execution Area Supervisors.
No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds). Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
1. Experience working in retail merchandising service industry or working directly for large scale retailer.
2. Basic computer skills with knowledge of web-based applications.
3. Experience wor
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:1. Drives Execution & Self Motivated: Demonstrates a high ability to deliver results without close supervision despite a large workload, competing demands, and fast-paced environment. Ensures tasks are completed on time, without error, and meet quality standards.
2. Communication: Displays a high level of responsiveness to peers/co-workers, managers, cus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.