The Cash Application Associate position encompasses various functions. The associate demonstrates a sense of urgency and good judgment to protect the company's accounts receivable assets while following established guidelines. The position's purpose is also to meet service level agreements for assigned workloads, and to identify risks and red flags, while providing excellent customer service and supporting the sales function.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 85%- Performs tasks as assigned by leadership based on company standards, which includes one or more of the following: Verbal and written communication with internal/external customers, collections, credit analysis, order release, cash application, billing, dispute resolution, data entry, account maintenance or administration.
- 15%- Performs follow-ups, escalates issues as necessary, identifies and recommends areas for improvement, effectively organizes tasks or workloads, and/or any other tasks assigned by management
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the AR Supervisor or Manager.
This position has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Previous experience in credit, collections, cash application, and/or customer service
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Excel, and web-based applications
- Comprehension of accounting concepts such as: debits/credits, account reconciliation, collection efforts, cash application, proof of delivery/logistics experience
- Proficiency with systems: Unisys (ISS), RS6000 (ERP), Get Paid or related collection software, Billtrust, FIS/Sungard products or SAP
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Developed negotiation skills
- Ability to influence others
- Time management skills
- Quickly identify and solve problems
- Ability to diffuse escalated customer conversations
- Able to multi-task effectively
- Learns and retains new concepts quickly
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.