An Analyst uses analytical methods and a variety of tools to understand, predict, and/or control Logistics operations and processes. Ensures that all reporting and analytical responsibilities are completed competently on time, continually seeks out opportunities to learn new and hone existing technical skills (e.g. writing SQL/code, statistics, python, etc.). Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, able to support multiple projects, possess excellent communication skills, work well with a team, and interact with multiple levels and functions within the supply chain organization.
The Data Analyst - Supply Chain Development position is a part of a team dedicated to driving projects and initiatives that develop The Home Depot’s supply chain network. The analyst will work closely with the supply chain project management team that serves as a liaison between multiple cross-functional stakeholders like delivery, field operations, corporate partners, and IT, responsible for the development of The Home Depot’s supply chain network. The Analysts will be responsible for working collaboratively among other business leaders to apply established and create new analytical processes on diverse datasets to deduce strategies to streamline the development process and solve real-world business problems all reporting and analytical responsibilities are completed competently on time, continually seeks out opportunities to learn
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
25% Create and analyze reports to support business execution.
25% Develops business tools and solutions based on knowledge, product or technology and identifies Logistics process improvement.
15% Supports vendor/business partner relationships.
15% Develops and maintains cost estimates, forecasts, and cost models
10% Performs data management through a combination of data mining, data modeling, data analysis, cost/benefit analysis and/or problem analysis; while executing day to day processes related to area of responsibility.
10% Supports the business through ad-hoc queries, and maintains reports from a variety of resources as specific to department or organizational needs
NATURE AND SCOPE
No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant condition
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 year
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- B.S. in Supply Chain, Analytics, Industrial, Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Finance, or related quantitative field.
- An intermediary understanding of SQL or working directly with MS Access joining relational tables together and/or some knowledge of one other scripting/compiled/statistical programming language (e.g. VBA, Python, R, SAS, .NET, C++, Java, etc.)
- Experience building reports/analyses with analytical tools (e.g. Excel, JMP, SAS, Mathematica, SPSS, Tableau, etc.)
- Prior direct experience in analyzing the relevant subject matter (e.g. Supply Chain, Merchandising, Operations, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Business Analysis: Clarifies and resolves complex business issues by breaking them down into meaningful components to determine root cause and redesigning internal and external business processes.
- Business Communication: Writes, speaks, and presents clearly and succinctly across a variety of communication settings and adjusts communication style
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.