This particular position is for an OVERNIGHT Supervisor*
Technology Operations Command Center Supervisor supports multiple infrastructure technology teams that include Linux, Windows, Network, Middleware, Large Systems, Mainframe, Batch, Production Control, Database, Virtual environment, Big Data, storage, etc. This is a 24x7 support organization located at the Austin and Atlanta data centers. Manages on shore associates and offshore support.
- This position will serve as an IT Shift Supervisor as part of a 24x7 IT Operations team, serving to ensure IT service levels are met.
- This position is responsible for overseeing a team of operations associates and ensuring they have the resources to provide excellent service to customers.
- Additionally, supervisors are expected to monitor and coach associates in order to improve their skills and improve call statistics
- Supervisor engages in all aspects of people management including associate development, accountability, hiring and termination
- Supervisor engages on projects to take on new support including forecasting volume and resource acquisition, developing, and updating business process
- Other activities the Supervisor will engage on is Manager on Duty rotation, Incident management, problem management, AI and Automation initiatives, etc
- Supervisor is expected to always be connected to the business via technology and respond accordingly to requests and events as needed
- Supervisors are additionally responsible for the implementation of improved procedures and/or enhanced diagnostic tools for others on the team to use to proactively resolve problems prior to any reported business impact.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong conceptual knowledge of data center And cloud technology.
- The candidate will have the ability to manage and work with subject matter experts, middle management and executive level management.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
40% - Delivery & Execution:
- Provides on-call support at Team Lead level in paging system
- Partners to resolve escalated technical and executive level issues
- Acts as a SME for various aspects of the IT Support business to ensure knowledge base articles, training, and knowledge is shared across the Support Desk Services business for VPN/Connectivity, Networking/Firewall, Security/Virus, Training/Knowledge Mgmt., Change Mgmt., Microsoft, Telepresence, etc.
- Engages, tracks, and partners with The Home Depot teams to build relationships and ensure root cause fixes are implemented
- Leads and manages projects within the IT Support Teams; provides engagement, consultation, and direction for projects outside of the Support Desk
- Drives alignment and improvement across the IT Support
30% - Administration & Operations:
- Monitors daily business operations; assigns and delegates work to the team to meet SLAs (e.g., HPSM inboxes, CMS L2 phone queue)
- Creates reports to help run business needs (daily, weekly, monthly metrics; customer satisfaction surveys, SCCM reports, Top Issues)
- Assesses sets, communicates, and drives standards in quality, call handling, troubleshooting, and problem resolution best practices; serves as a resource for more junior team members on how to approach or complete this task; holds team accountable to meeting these standards
- Communicates regular pertinent product update information to keep knowledge current
30% - People:
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and coaching to the team
- Attracts, retains, and develops top talent
- Conducts annual and mid-year reviews, reviewing individual development plans and providing performance feedback
- Acts as a proponent of best practices
- Facilitates the onboarding and ramp up of new team members
- Monitors and observes team performance
Typically reports to the Product Support Manager or Sr. Manager.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant condition
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Attracts Top Talent: Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique
- needs of different audiences
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization s goals
- Drives Engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Manages Conflict: Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.