The Manager Product Engineering will be responsible to drive engineering programs and new product introductions, including innovative product development. In addition to leading and managing engineering staff, the Manager will also develop and validate product assessments, tests, and inspection requirements in coordination with suppliers, global sourcing offices, and service providers. Ensure optimal execution of process controls for The Home Depot and related companies so that factories used and products manufactured meet or exceed product specifications and relevant national, state, and local laws. Ensure compliance to all relevant requirements from Standard Operating Procedures, contracts, supplier buying agreements, and purchase orders. Monitor the implementation of continuous improvement / corrective / preventive action plans throughout each process. Integrate all available supplier / factory / product data and analyze to effectively monitor quality, service, cost, and risk components.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 40%-Develop and manage customer focused products supporting manufacturing excellence: product (electrical / mechanical / material science), manufacturing, packaging development, and supplier development programs.
- 20%-Monitor and manage the quality, service, cost, and risk components of suppliers, factories, and products for assigned product categories.
- 15%-Define and approve technical requirements for product specifications.
- 15%-Review and resolve issues with suppliers, factories, service providers, merchandising, store operations, distribution, safety, customers, and other related supply chain components. Implement continuous improvement / corrective action / preventive action plan implementation throughout each process.
- 10%-Manage processes to ensure supplier and factory compliance with relevant requirements from Standard Operating Procedures, contracts, supplier buying agreements, and purchase orders.
Position Reports to Director of Product Engineering
This position has 5 direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Bachelor s degree in engineering
- Master of Business Administration degree
- Management experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment
- Continuous improvement program development and execution (e.g., Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing)
- Computer skills sufficient to retrieve, manipulate, analyze, and interpret data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to persuade or influence others
- Ability to present and interpret information to promote action and decision-making
- Cross functional, multi project management
- Strong analytical ability and ability to develop and interpret operating metrics and financial data.
- Experience in applying statistics to business process
- Relationships and Influence - Develops and maintains high quality relationships; establishes formal and informal networks to accomplish goals
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.