The Home Depot Pro Multifamily vertical is the nation's largest distributor of maintenance supplies exclusively for apartment housing with a dedicated focus on providing quality products and proven solutions to improve property performance. We provide housing properties with maintenance and repair products, janitorial, appliances, plumbing, electrical, HVAC and related supplies.
Under the guidance of the Director of Sales, this Corporate Account Manager position focuses primarily, (nearly 100%), on the Multifamily industry by calling on the senior personnel responsible for procurement of maintenance supplies and/or the maintenance of the portfolio of apartment properties. The position focuses on a major metropolitan area and those would be close in proximity within a 4-hour drive. Will develop customer relationships, optimize existing agreements and secure new agreements are all central to this role. High levels of local market interaction will be a key to success. Specifically, 75% of time will be spent in the field visiting with existing customers and prospective customers, riding with the local Multifamily sales professionals visiting properties of key accounts and maintaining an active presence in the local apartment association. CRM use is a must with our integrated systems.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- •10%- Collaboration with the Regional Sales Manager to maintain, develop and execute on a joint “market” plan that allows for consistent local market share gains year over year.
- •25%- Achieve GPD Budget. Maintain and grow an assigned portfolio of multifamily property management firms with headquarter offices in the assigned region.
- •25%- Sign new Supply Agreements. Pursue multifamily management company prospects in the assigned metro; develop relationships; and work toward an eventual “supply agreement.”
- •20%- Achieve account profitability. Responsible for balancing the gross margin percentage with focus on full penetration of the account.
- •15%- Ensure high level of Customer Satisfaction. Monthly account analysis and review; high levels of communication with the customer. Take ownership and resolve any and all customer complaints or open issues raised by the customer.
- •5%- Local Apartment Association. Active participation in the industry association; joining 1 influential committee is preferred.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to the Director of Sales. Has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Ability to be mobile and the ability to travel in car and plane with easy access.
Typically requires travel 50% to 75% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most all of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
Must have valid, active driver's license with clean Motor Vehicle Record, and reliable vehicle
- •Proven sales track record; results oriented
- •Proficient and comfortable using a solution-based sales methodology
- •Able to manage multiple priorities and projects
- •Ability to develop and deliver presentations at very high organizational levels and across various departments such as Purchasing, Accounting and Operations
- •Microsoft Office Suite of products
- •BS/BA preferred in related discipline; Marketing, Support Chain or Managerial Studies
- •Sales experience (50 or more accounts; revenue >$1M) including large account experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- •A high level of Excel and all office products is a must.
- •The ability to use technology and software on multiple platforms will provide as an advantage.
- •National Account selling is a requirement.
- •Understanding of supply chain functionality
- •Solid grasp of the use of electronic commerce in procurement
- •Identify and understand business problems and opportunities
- •Strong self-organization; time management; (limited administrative assistance)
- •Concise and highly professional internal reporting skills; written and verbal
- •Ability to navigate the back office to find solutions, resources, information, etc.
- •Ability to travel as required; (i.e.: national sales meeting 1 or 2 times per year; also, if an adjacent metro area is assigned, routine travel to that market may be required.)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.