The merchandising intern program offers talented college students an opportunity to develop collaborative skills and gain hands on experience in working with a number of leaders to learn the retail business from one of the world's leading retailers.
During a 10-12 week period, interns will be assigned to functional teams such as buying, global sourcing, merchandise operations/execution, marketing, e-commerce, product development and brand management to learn day-to-day operations, merchandising skills and overall comprehension of the retail business at the Home Depot's corporate office.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Use analytical thinking to approach problems and create solutions
- Responsible for the accuracy and quality of work performed
- Develop and implement project plans; determine requirements, deliverables, resources, timing/milestones, and risks
- Communicate findings and project status clearly and professionally through presentations.
- Make recommendations to upper management.
- Provide comprehensive report out to merchandising senior leaders on assignments and other related projects
- Partnering cross-functionally to achieve goals
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Manager or Team Lead
No direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant condition
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there ma
- Strong analytical skills;
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:- Background in system development / business requirements
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.