At The Home Depot, our Cybersecurity team plays a pivotal role in creating and implementing solutions to protect our associates, customers, and communities from internal and external security threats.
The Application Security member supports The Home Depot's security mission by performing security assessments, and provide tooling, training, & support for software engineering teams. As a member of the team you are required to have experience and knowledge about secure code practices, SAST, DAST and SCA tool configurations, and be able to prioritize risks.
Let’s protect the future of retail together.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
20% - Strategy & Planning:
30% - Delivery & Execution:
- Researches and analyzes business trends and behavioral data to identify opportunities for improvements and new initiatives
- Leads the evaluation, development, and recommendation of specific technology products and platforms to provide cost-effective solutions that meet business and technology requirements
- Researches and designs best fit infrastructure, network, database, and security architectures for products
- Proactively creates and maintains tools for monitoring and support
- Participates in project planning and management across multiple efforts Develops formal training courses
40% - Support & Enablement:
- Leads configuration, debugging, and support for infrastructure Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
- Leads field and corporate roll-outs of technology Leads the stand up of necessary system software, hardware, and equipment (physical or virtual) to meet changing infrastructure needs
- Creates and optimizes specifications for technology solutions
- Produces and manages purchase requests for hardware and software
10% - Learning:
- Collaborates with product and project teams to understand needs and enable them with infrastructure
- Supports technology architecture design review efforts for project and product teams
- Leverages tooling and custom applications to monitor the operational status of applications, infrastructure, networks, databases, and security; optimizes and tunes performance as appropriate
- Drives root cause analysis, debugging, support, and post-mortem analysis for security incidents and service interruptions Maintains, upgrades, and supports existing systems and infrastructure to ensure operational stability
- Acts as a vendor liaison, owning resourcing, issue management, and documentation
- Leads the production of in-house documentation around solutions
- Monitors tools and proactively helps teams struggling with systems issues
- Provides application support for software running in production
- Creates scripts and tools that drive automation and enable product teams and end users to move towards self service
- Acts as a mentor to more junior Systems Engineers
- Keeps abreast of innovations and industry trends as well as changes to internal systems and determines how they impacts tools, training, and support necessary to keep systems up, running, and secure
- Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern systems engineering core practices (communities of practice)
- Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to the Systems Engineer Manager or Sr. Manager.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant condition
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- 5+ years experience performing application penetration testing on web applications, mobile, and Stand Alone.
- Strong knowledge with testing tools such as Burp Suite, ZAP, Fiddler, SQL map, BeEF, etc.
- Strong experience working with Dev Team to identify the adequate solution for application security findings.
- Deep understanding about SAST, DAST and SCA tools, preferably Microfocus solutions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization s goals
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Global Perspective: Taking a broad view when approaching issues; using a global lens
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Self-Development: Actively seeing new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development channels
- Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.