General Rental Associates (GRA) are responsible for a wide range of tasks, including, but not limited to: loading, unloading, sorting, staging, cleaning, and transporting Rental units within the warehouse. Individuals in this position must have the ability to become certified and operate material handling equipment and be able to lift up to 75 lbs. Individuals must also work cooperatively with other associates and productively with little supervision. Following company safety policies and procedures is of great importance to this position.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 50% - Load, Unload, Sort, and Stage: Load and unload trucks, sort, stage, and transport Rental units, and deliver it to the proper location in the warehouse.
- 15% - Housekeeping and Safety: Maintain a clean and functioning work area
- 15% - Manage Documents: Identify and read vendor packing slips, carrier shipping documents, and receiving documents
- 10% - Manage Deadlines: Complies with deadlines and productivity standards
- 10% - Interact and Collaborate with Others: Interact with a variety of people, including delivery drivers, supervisors, managers, and associates.
This position reports to the Rental Operations DC Supervisor.
This position has 0 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes which cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Resourcefulness - Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.