The Analyst, Online Merchandising will be responsible for understanding and analyzing the key drivers of performance related to homedepot.com merchandising. The role works with Merchandise Planning Managers, Online Merchants, and other cross-functional business partners to identify opportunities and recommend/ execute strategies to achieve business objectives and maximize sales and profitability. The Analyst will also be responsible for executing and continuously improving daily/ weekly/ monthly reporting efforts as well as contributing to projects which further strategic business initiatives related to pricing, profitability, and supplier engagement.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
40%-Execute key daily/ weekly/ monthly business performance reporting
30%-Work with Merchandise Planning Managers, Online Merchants, and cross functional partners to analyze business drivers and recommend/ execute strategies
30%-Contribute to projects and new initiatives which further strategic business objectives
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Manager, Merchandise Planning Homedepot.com
This position has no Direct Reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Management, Economics, or Retail Sciences
- Work experience in retail, merchandising, or a consulting/ project management role in a corporate environment
- Demonstrated ability with business modeling capabilities using tools such as SQL, Excel, Access, and Tableau and advanced proficiency with other Microsoft Office programs
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills; innate intellectual curiosity
- Ability to learn quickly and independently
- Ability to work simultaneously across several work streams balancing quality of work and consistent delivery
- Strong communication and presentation skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.