The Sr. Analyst, Merchandise Planning - Online will be responsible for understanding and analyzing the key drivers of performance related to online merchandising. This role works with Merchandise Planning Managers and Online Merchants to identify business opportunities and execute strategies to achieve business objectives and maximize sales and profitability. The Sr. Business Analyst will be responsible for executing daily, weekly and monthly reporting efforts. This position will also contribute to projects which further strategic business initiatives related to pricing, profitability, and supplier engagement.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 40%-Track and measure business performance via execution of key daily, weekly and monthly reporting; seek out opportunities to continuously improve reporting efforts.
- 30%-Partner with Merchandise Planning Managers and Online Merchants to analyze business drivers, provide insightful assessments and execute strategies to achieve business objectives.
- 30%-Contribute to projects and new initiatives which further strategic business objectives.
Position reports to Sr Manager, Merchandise Planning-Online
No direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 4 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- MBA or equivalent work experience in retail, merchandising, or a consulting/ project management role in a corporate environment
- Demonstrated ability with business modeling capabilities using tools such as SQL, Excel, Access, and Tableau and advanced proficiency with other Microsoft Office programs
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to understand business drivers and influence decision making with cross-functional partners
- Proven ability to analyze, evaluate, and interpret complex data; innate intellectual curiosity
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results; ability to learn quickly and independently
- Ability to work simultaneously across several work streams balancing quality of work and consistent delivery
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- High comfort level working in fast paced environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.