The Sr. Financial Analyst position is responsible for regular reporting to ensure management has information needed to make informed business decisions. Important financial trends will be identified quickly and appropriate strategies developed/implemented to ensure financial targets are achieved. Critical metrics to be analyzed include HD Protection Plan sales & margin, cost of payment acceptance, credit/debit sales penetration and margin expense line items. Manages multiple, cross-functional projects and may manage smaller, single-function projects.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Strategic Analysis/Problem Solving. Works to fully understand business; identify and implement process and organizational improvements. Plans and ensures execution of financial department objectives.
- Leads annual planning for Home Depot Protection Plan sales and margin; forecasts performance based on trends and key drivers; and prepares/reviews reporting of weekly/monthly metrics to ensure that budgetary goals are met.
- Own and manage projects to ensure timely completion and highest quality. Develop and execute detailed project design/ implementation plans.
- Gather and analyze data for presentations for Sr. Management. Provide project support and guidance to other team members. Review and modify/approve their project plans and decisions as needed.
- Evaluate financial and operational/quality results of new programs against predetermined goals. Determine whether programs should be rolled out, make recommendations to Sr. Management and, if applicable, assist in developing implementation strategies
NATURE AND SCOPE
This postion typically reports to Senior Manager Credit Services or Manager Credit Services
This position has no Direct Reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Degree in business analytics, economics, finance, etc.
- Financial services experience preferred
- Superior critical thinking skills and analytic abilities to interpret complex data using SQL, Tableau, Microsoft Excel
- Experience with scriptable programming (e.g. Python, PowerShell, VBA)
- Highly effective communicator with all levels within the company, utilizing tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Oral and written communication skills
- Deep analytical and problem solving skills required
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.