The Installation Services Manager (ISM) is a critical role in the Home Services organization at The Home Depot. ISMs cover up to 3 districts based on geography. Their primary responsibilities are to drive quality and customer service through management of the relationship with Service Providers (installer companies) bases on geographic location, relative skills and capabilities, ensuring store connectivity and driving Issue Resolution as it is related to Home Depot's Installation services.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Service Provider Quality Management - develop and maintain professional customer and Service Provider (SP) relationships. Responsible for the recruitment, assignment, retention and quality assurance of SP's within the assigned market area. Negotiate terms of contracts with SPs. Authorized to provided immediate feedback to SPs on discretionary project modifications to improve result performance. Conduct job site inspections and evaluations of the final product delivered by the SPs. Execute consistent monthly Quality Reviews with select SPs to drive high customer service.
• Branch/Store Support - Communicates with Branch Management, Sales Managers and Project Coordinators to drive customer service metrics of cycle time and VOC. Responsible for cost controls of materials and labor charges. May act as an interface with Sales and Store associates to provide technical training and support. Support lead generation events. Partner with Sr. Leadership to execute Program initiatives. Escalates potential program gaps by engaging business reviews and developing attack plans for under-performing areas.
• Issue Resolution - Provides accurate, swift resolution of escalated customer issues. Uses independent judgment for managing unexpected cost increases (due to additional labor and/or materials) and for customer satisfaction adjustments. Accountable for job cost and gross margin, coaches store management, store associates and installers on proper and quick resolution. Performs in-home inspections as needed.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position Reports to: Branch Installation Manager
Number of Direct Reports: 0
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 3 years
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) - proven customer interaction
• Project management skills/leadership skills
• Experience in residential remodel project
• Management and problem solving skills
• Knowledge or experience in the retail store environment, home improvement industry or general construction industry
• Experience in residential remodel project management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
• Creates customer-focused environment, provided excellent customer service, sees business through the eyes of the customer
• Ability to identify root causes and solve issues with a high sense of urgency and detail
• Excellent communication skills. Able to communicate at all levels.
• Proven ability to negotiate and manage issues/conflicts
• Basic to intermediate computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
• Strong organizational skills, strong time, workload and project management skills
• Self motivated
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.