At The Home Depot, our Cybersecurity team plays a pivotal role in creating and implementing solutions to protect our associates, customers, and communities from internal and external security threats.
Leads a team of highly motivated architects/engineers who innovate, build, and deliver cyber solutions for the world's largest home improvement retailer. As a member of the Cybersecurity Identity and Access Management group, this person partners closely with other members from Cybersecurity and Application System Owners to design and implement a centralized identity data warehouse, authoritative source management and global identity view solutions across The Home Depot enterprise.
Let’s protect the future of retail together.MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 30% - Strategy & Planning:Looks across teams with a focus on alignment and dependencies Gains a thorough understanding of infrastructure needs and guides teams to design infrastructure platforms that meet end user requirements Translates product and project goals into infrastructure strategy and clearly communicates direction and priorities to teams and business partners Determines value to the business of anticipated Systems Engineering efforts Identifies goals, metrics, and appropriate analytics to measure the performance of Systems Engineering teams; continually makes recommendations and refinements on approaches based on learnings Reviews recommended solutions and work of Systems Engineers to ensure alignment with company, stakeholder, and end user priorities
- 20% - Delivery & Execution: Leads configuration, debugging, and support for infrastructure Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met Leads field and corporate roll-outs of technology Leads the stand up of necessary system software, hardware, and equipment (physical or virtual) to meet changing infrastructure needs Creates and optimizes specifications for complex technology solutions Provides regular status to leadership regarding progress of Systems Engineering efforts Manages vendor relationships Manages, reviews, and approves purchase requests for hardware and software
- 20% - Support & Enablement: Removes roadblocks and obstacles that may impair Systems Engineers to help ensure efforts meet strategic, financial, and technical goals Receives and prioritizes escalations and incoming requests from product teams and stakeholders Guides the production of in-house documentation around solutions Monitors tools and proactively helps teams struggling with systems issues
- 30% - People: Provides leadership, mentoring, and coaching to Systems Engineering professionals Attracts, retains, and develops top talent Conducts annual and mid-year reviews, reviewing individual development plans and providing performance feedback Fosters collaboration with team members to drive value, and identify and resolve impediments Advocates for the end user and stakeholder by becoming associated with the product, empathizing with and understanding user needs Guides more junior team members in strategy, alignment, analysis, and execution tasks Participates in and contributes to learning activities around systems engineering core practices (communities of practice)
Typically reports to the Systems Engineer Sr. Manager, Technology Director or Sr. Director.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
This role will provide the opportunity for the potential candidate to be part of a major transformation. Leading a Cybersecurity team and work closely with a team of highly motivated architects/engineers who innovate, build, and deliver cyber solutions for the world's largest home improvement retailer. As a member of the Cybersecurity Identity and Access Management group, this person partners closely with other members from Cybersecurity, Audit, Human Resources and other Application System Owners to design and implement a centralized identity data warehouse, authoritative source management and global identity view solutions across The Home Depot enterprise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6-8+ years of experience in data modeling and data warehousing
- 6-8+ years of experience in IAM domain
- 5+ years of experience in Active Directory/LDAP Directory, and Azure AD management, design, and architecture
- Expertise in data model design, implementation, and administration for different data storage technology - RDBMS, NoSQL, Big Data, GCP BigQuery
- Experience and knowledge in Virtual Directory Service
- Experience and knowledge in ETL/ELT technology and practice
- Experience and knowledge in Data Analytic and visualization technology
- Experience and knowledge in data access/service APIs – REST, Web Services, SCIM, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Enhanced Security Administrative Environment (ESAE)
- Strong Technical proficiency in PowerShell scripting for Active Directory management
- Strong Technical proficiency in Group Policy Object (GPO) management, Domains, Trusts, Sites, and Services
- Active Directory Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and Domain Name System (DNS) experience
- Experience with Active Directory Management Tools
- Cloud security operations experience and cloud orchestration operations
- Strong technical competence up and down the technology stack - user interface, applications, communications, infrastructure, database, network, storage, etc
- Strong desire and aptitude for continuous learning and keeping abreast of new and emerging technology and cyber threats/vulnerabilities
- Google Cloud (GCP)
- Oracle LDAP ODSEE
- Virtual Directory Service (VDS)
- Radiant Logic
- SailPoint IIQ
- OIG (Oracle Identity Governance)
- Strong Leadership and Management skills
- Change Agent - Passionate about making an impact with a lasting change. Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in an extremely positive manner
- Driven and result oriented
- Capture what, where and how IAM data and data subjects are currently generated, transferred, stored, secured, and accessed/consumed
- Define and perform IAM domain Master Data Management
- Define and design data and metadata that are to be enriched and consumed
- Design & implement IAM data model to identify and capture data subjects and relationships
- Define strategies and design of IAM data warehouse, data mart, and data lake
- Design and define data storage technology and platform – Directories, Relational Databases, NoSQL Databases (Key/Value, Column, Graph, and Document), Big Data and Unstructured Data
- Define and design data analytic and data visualization technology
- Design Data Service guidelines to separate data access services from underlying data storage technology and ensure access and governance security
- Define data service technology in line with industry trend and compliance
- Oversee corporate IAM data governance, auditing, and access monitoring
- Manage ETL/ELT technology and implementation best practice for the IAM domain
- Manage data virtualization architecture, design, and implementation
- Develop data model design to support policies and rules engine
- Own, operate and drive AD/AD Azure/LDAP Directory/Virtual Directory operations and auditing
- Coordinate defense in depth protections with 3rd party providers for threat intelligence, threat analysis, and threat remediation
- Respond to threats in real-time, through diagnosis, communication, and remediation
- Provide input and recommendations on cybersecurity policy, risk, and overall security best practices
- Interact with, influence, and negotiate security requirements with internal and external parties
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Attracts Top Talent: Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs
Balances Stakeholders: Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders
Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization s goals
Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization s goals
Drives Engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
Drives Vision and Purpose: Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
Organizational Savvy: Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics
Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.