Through the power of Interline Brands and The Home Depot, the purpose of the Outside Sales position is to using a solution selling approach prospect for business to business new account opportunities as well as manage and growing existing accounts.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- 25%- Prospect for new customers and secure appointments to share the Interline/Home Depot proposition and offerings.
- 40%- Manage existing accounts on a daily basis making on-site customer calls to uncover need.
- 5%- Using the company CRM tool, prepare a weekly sales plan that shows initiated sales, sales leads and prospects as well as account penetration.
- 10%- Learn and understand the basic applications of the products that we sell and how to partner with both internal and external resources to provide solutions to customers.
- 15%- Work with internal and external sources to provide solutions for customers.
- 5%- Attend and actively participate in monthly sales meetings.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to the Regional Sales Manager. No direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most all of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
- BA or BS Degree, preferred
- 0-2 years of outside business to business sales experience
- Personal vehicle, valid drivers’ license and insurance, required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Sound computer skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong follow-up skills
- Excellent time management and planning skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.