The Regional Manager of Renovations is responsible for delivering on the Renovation Plus Value Proposition resulting in Sales and Margin for the business unit. They will achieve their goals by executing long and short-term strategies across their perspective regional areas. They will be responsible for developing and driving a sales team in their area of responsibility and fostering strong relationships with within the HD Pro organization to include all verticals. They must ensure they hold themselves and their teams accountable for delivering the highest standards of customer service and overall project resolution for their large capital projects.
The Regional Manager of Renovations is a strategic, proactive sales leader who delivers results through execution of RP strategies and while demonstrating THD Values in a consistent manner. They must provide clear communication to direct reports and supporting roles within the HD Pro team.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 50%-Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors. Implements national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- 20%-Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- 20%-Maintains regional sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees. Responsible for appropriate Performance Management action by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and reviewing job results.
- 10% -Conduct/Attend staff meetings of peer partners within the HD Pro organization educating verticals on RP process and capabilities. Listening and providing feedback to leadership around roadblocks or trends to ensure RP is delivering great execution to all verticals and their customers
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position reports to the Director of Sales - Renovation Plus
- This position has 2-8 direct reports
- This position must live in perspective region of responsibility
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Time will be split between home office and customers property location. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 50% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift product at customers renovation site.
- Previous outside sales and leadership experience at regional/territory level and above
- Experience developing and staffing sales teams.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com or other CRM system a plus
- Customer service oriented
- A proven track record of results
- Proven ability to identify root cause and solve issues with a high sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Leading teams of 3+ associates across remote locations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to identify and document business requirements
- Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences,
- Strong creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- High sense of urgency for customer resolution
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.