We’re looking for someone who can spearhead educational multimedia production and editing, write knowledge base articles, create videos, conduct live webinars, and improve our training program. If you are a motivated, creative and energetic person who is passionate about advancing our training department, we’d like to hear from you. We manage all of the user training for the central application that allows items to be sold throughout the Home Depot enterprise. This is a great opportunity for the right person who would like more experience with eCommerce, AI, automation, supply chain, data and analytics.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Translates business requirements into learning requirements and project scope
- Coordinates internal and external subject matter experts to obtain required job and task information
- Creates learning objectives, assessment items, and determines instructional strategies to best teach learning objectives
- Creates instructor guides, participant guides, self-paced print courses, online assessments, and job aids
- Develops pilot plans, conduct pilots, and revises materials as needed Assists in the development of workplans, curriculum maps, and deployment plans
- Assists in providing client management and performance consulting to business units Conducts peer reviews of deliverables for instructional quality and soundness
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to Learning Director Responsible for helping others and providing on-the-job training or guidance
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass the Background Check.
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 1
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS - Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Masters Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Human Resource Development, Organizational Behavior and Development, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, or related field 2-4 years in Learning field Experience creating training materials for retail organizations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Proficient knowledge of instructional design and adult learning theories
- Proficiency with software including MS Word and MS Powerpoint
- Basic knowledge of project management principles and MS Project
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Framemaker software
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.