At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We are on a mission to provide the world’s best interconnected shopping experience; and to do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about reimagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it’s like to be a part of our HomeDepot.com team. Who knows? Your next big idea may just change the future of retail!
The Product Management Manager is responsible for attracting, retaining and developing top talent focused on assessing market needs and inspiring cross-functional product teams to find the fastest way to achieve value around those needs. The Product Management Manager focuses on guiding and executing the delivery of business value to drive sales, improve efficiency, and improve customer satisfaction through the production of quality products. Within their designated enterprise product line, Managers work closely with teams of developers, designers and business partners. They support in-depth business reviews, communicate and present across all levels of the organization, and support cross-functional product teams.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 30% - Strategy & Planning: Looks across product teams and feature sets with a focus on alignment and dependencies Gains a thorough understanding of customer and associate needs, both existing and potential, and uses that knowledge to help deliver enterprise products that provide Home Depot customers and associates with an unparalleled shopping experience Translates business goals and end user needs into product strategy and clearly communicates direction and product priorities to the product team and business partners Meets with users and stakeholders as needed to understand processes, pain points and system waste in order to identify where to improve the user experience Creates epics to drive improvements to product vision, features and back end systems, and adjusts for new business models Determines value to the business of anticipated product updates Identifies goals, metrics and appropriate analytics to measure the performance of products and continually makes recommendations and refinements to products based on learnings
- 40% - Delivery & Execution: Reviews recommended solutions and work of product team to ensure products are aligned with company, stakeholder and end user priorities Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met Removes roadblocks and obstacles that may impair product teams to help ensure delivery of the product in order to meet strategic, financial and technical goals Receives and prioritizes incoming requests from business partners and stakeholders while keeping in mind the business strategy, product vision and user needs Provides regular updates to leadership regarding progress of products within portfolio
- 30% - People: Provides leadership, mentoring and coaching to Product Managers Attracts, retains and develops top talent to build a world class Product Management Team Conducts annual and mid-year reviews, reviewing individual development plans and providing performance feedback Fosters collaboration with team members (Engineering, UX, etc.) to drive value and identify and resolve impediments Acts as a proponent of modern software development practices Advocates for the end user and stakeholder by becoming associated with the product, empathizing with and understanding user needs Works with the product team to continuously assess progress, disseminate lessons learned and understand next steps Manages cross functional team and stakeholder expectations to execute on prod
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in working as a Product Manager in a modern software development based enterprise environment and overseeing multiple products
- Proficiency in modern software development product management practices and agile methodologies, specifically the extreme programming (XP) principles of paired programming, test driven development, and continuous deployment
- Proficiency in working in a fast paced, fluid environment where priorities shift on a regular basis
- Proficiency in communicating with and influencing functional and technical team members at all levels in the organization
- Proficiency in working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern software design and development team
- Proficiency in creating, prioritizing and accepting epics and user stories
- Proficiency in conducting user research and testing to understand needs
- Proficiency in identifying goals, metrics and analytics to measure product value
- Experience conducting competitive research and analysis
- Experience guiding more junior team members through Product Management fundamentals in a professional setting
- Experience balancing workloads across teams
- Proficiency in active listening communicating at all levels (Executive Leadership Team, store associates, etc.) while gracefully managing expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Experience managing and growing team members in a professional setting
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Attracts Top Talent: Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs
- Balances Stakeholders: Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization s goals
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization s goals
- Drives Engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Manages Complexity: Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Organizational Savvy: Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process and people
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.