The Sr. Manager of Strategy and Analytics role is a critical component of GCC’s growth strategy for the next 3 years. The role reports to the COO. This person will manage a team of high caliber data scientists and business analysts. This role will combine a subject-matter expert knowledge of techniques in data science with solid business acumen to unlock value within the ecommerce ecosystem of GCC and Home Depot.
The Sr. Manager of Strategy and Analytics will also play a role where he/she develops and applies analytical algorithms and methods where possible, with a view of driving and enhancing data systems and streamlining business processes. In this capacity, he/she will strive to improve the quality of analytics solutions on a consistent basis, leading the creation of advanced models, algorithms, and big data analysis - such as regressions, clustering, and machine learning-based consumer insights – for priority business use cases. It is also the duty of this leader and the team to validate, interpret, and create reports on results of these models for senior management, departmental heads, and relevant stakeholders.
This is a highly collaborative role and, as such, facilitates joint brainstorming and team collaboration. This leader works closely with his/her team in establishing departmental goals and strategies and additionally works with peers and partners in defining the data collection needs of the business for the purpose of future work and also for guaranteeing that there is high data-quality and reliability across the business. This position further collaborates with numerous departments across the business, aiding them in the proper use of data, hence, ensuring the delivery of desired operational results
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
40% - Strategic Planning: Lead team in developing and maintaining mid to long-range strategic road maps, creating requisite business cases, competitive analyses, and driving program alignment across partner organizations from inception to implementation. Supports annual strategic planning process.
20% - Program Management: Translates strategic vision and road maps into executable programs and leads team in realizing successful implementations. Acts as cross-functional strategic partner to homedepot.com and enterprise organizations in aligning program resources and priorities.
20% - Analytics and Reporting: Owner of homedepot.com contact center data infrastructure and domain, reporting development resources as well as ownership of ad-hoc analysis, scorecards, and KPI generation processes. Supports the broader online team with data, reporting, and analysis.
10% - Communication: Develops and presents to multiple levels of senior leadership, cross-functional groups, peers, and functional groups of associates in support of special projects, strategic initiatives, and KPI readouts.
10% - Coaching and Development: Communicates effectively as a leader to develop talent on the team to provide best-in-class capabilities. Meets regularly with team members and peers. Responsible for reviews and performance management.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Director Strategy and Workforce.
This position has 5 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field (IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Applied Math, Ops Research, Information Systems, Quantitative social sciences); Masters/PhD degree preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience and proven track record in deploying and scaling analytical methodologies to drive business value (customer experience, supply chain, marketing, pricing, etc.)
- The candidate will also have had a proven and successful experience in the execution of data analytics initiatives, leading to the development of useful insights and the improvement of a business’s performance and driving top-line growth.
- Demonstrated success leading advanced analytics and working with a wide range of data in order to predict financial metrics for a business and drive business value
- Experience building & managing an analytics team, working cross-functionally, and setting strategy.
- eCommerce and Marketing experience, including familiarity with web, social, and mobile marketing preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form. The position is designed to interact with numerous departmental heads/management aiding them in the proper application of data, leading to functional improvement. Will require the skill to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Must demonstrate a passion for research and data and be highly skilled in performing quantitative analyses on various business functions, for example, on consumer behavior and trends.
- The candidate must also be highly skilled in the use of SQL, being able to draw complex queries that ultimately lead to improvements in business performance. Will also be highly proficient with a number of technologies (R, Python, SQL, GCP, Tableau, etc.) and machine learning techniques, and when to use them.
- Will be self-motivated, proactive, taking initiative and have exceptional problem-solving skills. Must work comfortably in a cross-functional setting and with senior business executives. Take accountability for the business’s performance and have an ability to remain calm and composed under stress and uncertainty, inspiring the same in his/her team. Must also have a natural ability to make strong, lasting, and meaningful connection with others, which will aid in the execution of duties in this highly collaborative role.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.