This Senior Manager Tax Innovation and Transformation position drives the transformation of processes through leveraging automation, data analytics, and continuous improvement to support the global Tax Team’s success strategies. The role works cross-functionally across the tax function to drive technology enabled automation, process improvement and team productivity and effectiveness. The role partners across the Company and externally with peer groups and advisors to identify, evaluate and drive implementation of technology and process innovative solutions within the Tax function. This role is expected to leverage effective communication skills to translate complex requirements and solutions with a passion to learn and to train and develop others.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Strategic Analysis/Problem Solving - Works to fully understand business; identify and implement process and organizational improvements. Plans and ensures execution of department objectives.
- Develops and supports a strategic alliance with business partners. Participates in cross-functional activities focused on solving business issues and enhancing our competitive advantage. Facilitates cross-functional communication with other areas of the business including but not limited to Finance, Operations, and IT.
- Leads, plans, and coordinates work teams in an efficient manner to effectively achieve the team’s strategic goals around process efficiency and resource optimization; utilizes metrics to track performance and manage workload. Ensures operational processes and procedures are compliant and consist with established policies.
- Manages, plans and forecasts an operational budget.
- Drives key functional operational metrics on productivity and process effeciency.
NATURE AND SCOPE
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENT:
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable. Examples include: telephone operator and file clerk.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 6+ years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Master's degree in Analytics, Finance, Information Systems, or related field is preferred
- CBAP, Lean Six Sigma
- 6 years of experience working in large, matrixed Retail organization
- 4 years of focused experience in Business Process Re-engineering, Standardization and Continuous Improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate organizational structures and build credibility with internal clients / stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complexities of competing priorities and program inter-dependencies
- Ability to demonstrate strong business acumen; experience implementing financial processes and systems with an ability to discriminate between symptoms and root causes.
- Excellent facilitator capable of influencing people over which he / she has no authority
- Ability to direct, coach and mentor functional managers, analysts and other members of the team.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Knowledge of business and management. Principles involved in strategic planning and resource allocation.
- Ability to develop and implement strategies that support the objectives of the company
- Able to effectively communicate with all departments and levels of associates through both verbal and written methods
- Critical thinking skills; using logic to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, applying general rules to specific problems.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.