Corporate Accounting: The Corporate Accounting team is responsible for the general accounting activities associated with various SG&A expenses including Payroll and Fringe Expense, Bonus, Self-insurance reserves, Advertising, Interest and Debt, Supply Chain and other store operating expenses. The Senior Accountant is a key role in that they are the first line of defense in maintaining accurate accounting at The Home Depot for their assigned accounts.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Responsible for ensuring assigned accounts are accurate and in compliance with GAAP and internal accounting policies.
- Active participant in accounting throughout the month and in the monthly close process including:
- Preparation of reclassification, accrual, allocation, amortization and other adjusting general ledger entries necessary to close the period
- Income Statement and Balance Sheet variance analysis
- Prepare Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations in compliance with internal policies
- Prepare Ad-hoc reporting and other requests
- Prepare Audit requests and other schedules to support the Annual and Quarterly external reporting cycles
- Partners with other groups and business partners as necessary to achieve desired outcomes.
- Position will be required to take a leadership role in departmental training and development and be committed to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Identifies and owns process improvements and other projects from beginning to end.
Nature and Scope
This position typically reports to an Accounting Supervisor.
No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires effective collaboration within a work group.
Environmental Job Requirements
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass Background Check.
- Must pass pre-employment test if applicable.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program in accounting/finance.
Years of Relevant Work Experience : 2
Physical Job Requirements:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
CPA, CPA track or International equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
-Financial Analysis and Financial Acumen
-Effective Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Computer application skills such as Microsoft Office Suite, SAP or other large ERP system, Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC), Account Reconciliation tools, Winshuttle, Tableau, etc
- Must be able to multi-task and balance multiple high priority tasks.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.