Identify and analyze enhancements, advances and improvements to accounting related processes and oversee the planning, design, and implementation of new processes and/or systems or changes in existing process and/or systems reducing risk and increasing effectiveness, efficiency, and decision-driving visibility.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provides project planing and timeline management for the project.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring that the end result of development activity meets the business need.
- Coordinates the activities of staff and senior analysts including:
- Business process evaluation
- Procedure development
- System process flow and requirements
- QA planning and testing
- Implementation planning
- User training
- Production support for problems/enhancements
- Ensures adequate communication and proper integration across departments, systems and platforms.
- Selects, develops, and motivates assigned staff.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position typically reports to a Systems Manager or a Finance Manager.
- This position may have management responsibility for as many as thirteen salaried employees, including as many as seven supervisors.
- Typically requires highly developed interpersonal skills for dealing with sensitive or controversial situations.
- Typically faces situations that have a variety of interpretations and require careful evaluation.
- Typically considers among many different options or procedures when solving problems.
- Typically progress or results of work is periodically checked. Has some leeway to change work procedures
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
- Under regular pressure to meet deadlines, quotas and/or must frequently deal with difficult issues related to people or situations.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
- Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or Computer Science is preferred.
- Prior experience analyzing and implementing process improvements and/or automating accounting processes.
- Understanding of standard accounting processes and the related systems and controls environment.
- Prior experience with quality assurance, training, documentation, or as an accounting/IT liaison.
- Excellent communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Experience in project management and an understanding of standard systems environment.
- Prior experience with quality assurance, training, documentation or as a business systems liaison is helpful.
- Track record of success at implementing large scale, complex projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.