This position works with a Senior Merchant/Merchant to execute the merchandising strategy for their respective Class or Classes of business. Specifically, the Merchandise Planner will assist the Merchant in driving sales, optimizing inventory, and generating profit. The role serves as the Merchant's primary support for setting up and maintaining assortments through data management, responding to distribution centers and vendors, and providing analytical support to help the Merchant achieve their sales and profit plans. The role is also charged with working with cross-functional groups to gain insight on trends and issues that would have an impact on the Merchant's category of business.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 40%- Manages all product information for assigned merchandising category; works with suppliers to onboard new products and relays product information to the field; works on behalf of merchant to identify, quantify, and communicate assortment opportunities; helps develop seasonal transition targets and strategies, if applicable.
- 30%- Uses merchandising systems to analyze key merchandising metrics (e.g. class productivity, product trending, inventory status, margin rate) and provides recommendations for optimization.
- 10%- Partners with cross-functional groups across the business to analyze components of the business where problems/trends exist.
- 10%- Works on behalf of merchant to identify, quantify, and communicate assortment opportunities; helps develop seasonal transition targets and strategies, if applicable.
- 5%- Works in various product tests within respective category, including inventory monitoring, execution, visual merchandising, and analyzing results.
- 5%- Supports the merchant during the business review and product line review processes; works with key support functions to assist the merchant in preparing for negotiations; analyzes vendor profitability.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to the Director of Merchandising. No direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 25% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Bachelor's degree
- Understanding of B2B environment
- Learning agility
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- 2+ years work experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and adapt accordingly
- Ability to multi-task in a highly complex, fast-paced environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.