The Home Depot® is the world’s largest home improvement specialty retailer, with over 2,200 retail stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, 10 Canadian provinces and Mexico. The Company employs more than 385,000 associates. The Home Depot stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: HD) and is included in the Dow Jones industrial average and Standard & Poors 500 index.
In addition to the retails stores, The Home Depot Pro® employs a multi-dimensional sales model to drive market share gains, utilizing the following primary channels: field and inside sales representatives, direct marketing including online websites, catalogs, and business-to-business selling portals. With a unified operating platform, the company can sell the same product to various customers utilizing different pricing schedules and different service models, depending on the needs of each customer.
The Home Depot Pro® provides plumbing, janitorial, electrical, HVAC and other MRO products, from more than 3000 suppliers worldwide to customers working in multifamily maintenance, building contracting and facilities maintenance, as well as a variety of professional trade contractors.
The role of the Sales Support Associate is to assist the Inside Sales Professional team in managing the day-to-day operational ordering process for assigned customers within a specified business vertical.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 40%- Support an assigned team of sales reps by handling key customer accounts, entering bids in ERP, price changes in BCBI, SO entry into SORCE, including follow-up, acting as liaison between sales and other functions such as Contracts & Deviations, Credit, warehouse, and new customer setup;
- 30%- Provide customer support by monitoring backorder reports, making sure items are ordered by the buyers and finding replacements when an item is discontinued, open order reports, loss/negative margin reports, usage reports, cube reports; provide web support, setup, and training; Create order guides, custom catalogs & bin labels.
- 10%- Provide training to sales associates for new programs, processes, procedures; excel training, evaluation of reports. Onboarding of new sales reps, assist in navigating through THD systems.
- 10%- Manage margin threshold queue and price changes (BCBI)
- 10%- Other administrative tasks as required
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the Sales Support Manager.
This position has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Most of the time will be spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Sense of urgency and ability to prioritize; attention to detail is very important.
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, learn, and adapt to varied work assignments.
Knowledge of general office procedures and practices.
Good organization, communication skills a must.
Ability to identify problems and find prompt resolutions
Self-motivated, assertive and pro-active
Effective project management skills
Work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines and support the business objectives to drive profitability
Ability to translate data into meaningful business information.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies: Proven ability in data entry with excellent accuracy.
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.