The Social Media Community Management Project manager will support the Community Management Manager in executing and measuring social media efforts. In addition, this person will be asked to help with the development and use of content that meets the needs of each social media channel and the role and intent of each channel. The Project Manager of Community Management will become a trusted member of the channel community(s), serving as a liaison between the community and the brand. Objectives include social channel management, supporting merchandising and marketing priorities, growing engagement, as well as driving traffic and awareness. This person will need to understand the use of Social Media channels, how they can be best leveraged and current on potential uses to drive traffic and customer engagement.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 30%-Program/Channel Management: Manage development of social media plans (paid and organic), from inception to completion, leading integration with the analytics team on measuring the success of the campaigns. Owner of editorial calendar for all social media campaigns, and maintain channel management.
- 40%-Paid Media Management: Support social team with paid media planning, buying and reporting for all social campaigns. Manage social media campaigns directly from social channels ad platform (bidding, targeting, ad creation, etc.). Partner with social planning and analytics team to define targeting segments for campaigns.
- 15%-Reporting/Metrics: Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- 15%-Organizational Alignment/Relationships; Build relationships with key internal stakeholders; platform partners, media, agencies, creative teams, merchandising marketing, public relations, and community affairs.
This position reports to Manager Social Media
This position has no Direct Reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 4 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Must be adept in Excel and Power Point
- Must have 3-5 years of paid media experience
- Highly collaborative team player who is focused, self-motivated, detail oriented, and able to adapt to changing priorities and tight timelines
- Professional experience associated with social media platforms and corresponding tools such as enterprise management, content management, back-end platform analytics. Strong SEO and creative background is encouraged.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Solid understanding of various marketing tools
- Strong analytically with demonstrated business planning skills
- Positive, upbeat, can-do, professional and responsible attitude, independent and self-directed yet also team oriented
- Influential; practiced in negotiating with others in ways that result in win-win outcomes
- Ability to work with other team members in either a support or leadership role
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Knowledge of media planning and evaluation
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.