The Automation Developer will join the innovative new Business Process Optimization team within Online Merchandising aimed at delivering solutions that drive cost out and incremental top line growth to the Online Merchandising organization through business process definition, optimization and automation. The Automation Developer will have the opportunity to work with a team that is using Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to automate business process. The Automation Developer will partner closely with the Project Manager, Business Analyst, and Senior Automation Developers using Agile Methodology to develop, test, maintain, and enhance process automations with direct impacts on the business through THD’s enterprise automation solution, UiPath.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 40% - Responsible for assortment growth projects, status reporting, item troubleshooting, & attribute maintenance. Serve as SME for product category online. Learn/report on best practices, industry standards, & legal requirements associated w/ assigned category
- 30% - Project prioritization. Measure ongoing effectiveness of programs against metric targets. Develop/execute ongoing enhancements and/or business process optimization strategy based on measured performance and customer feedback.
- 20% - Troubleshoot and problem-solve for ongoing operational needs as they arise (i.e., store sku alignment, online product availability, and others). Ability to author clear, concise end user/training materials for processes.
- 10% - Attend Merchant meetings and identify and facilitate OMS requests.
This position reports to the Manager, Online Merch Solutions.
This position has 0 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a PhD program in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; proven ability to communicate with technology and business partners
- Strong organizational, analytical, and customer service skills
- Process analysis and improvement skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:-
- Computer Science of Information Systems focused degree preferred
- Prior scripting experience utilizing Python, C#, R, or similar object-oriented language
- Experience utilizing automation or scripting to improve a process
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.