The Packaging Designer position will support the Packaging Manager for specific private label packaging across The Home Depot enterprise. Responsibilities include executing packaging design projects to deliver departmental strategic objectives. Major tasks in this assignment include project facilitation and consistent interpretation of brand creative direction across multiple brands for seasonal, core and promotional initiatives. Communication, prioritization and organization are key skills needed to accomplish this multi-tasking position. As a member of the Brand Development team, this position is also crucial to the integrity of delivering the brand's promise and customer experience through packaging design and copy.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 70% - Packaging design and concept development -providing multiple design solutions across simple to complex projects - applying project objectives, customer insight, category benchmarking and packaging design and architecture principles.
- 20% - Partnering with Manager Packaging Design to support cross-functional teams in facilitating projects, managing project deliverables and ensuring timelines are met
- 10% - Consistently building knowledge of assigned brands and categories, awareness of competitive landscape; up to date on packaging design principles, software.
This position reports to Manager Packaging
This position had no Direct Reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Knowledge or experience in brand design or packaging agency or in-house packaging design structure preferred
- Proficiency in MAC operating systems, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe In-Design, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat. Working knowledge use of Microsoft Office Suite–Word, Outlook.
- Portfolio Submission Requirements: Submit 8 page packaging design portfolio PDF showcasing a diverse range of packaging creative work across retail and/or consumer goods packaging. Provide brief explanation of the work and work performed as a designer. Provide link if additional work is available through online portfolio.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Knowledge or experience with creative packaging design
Cross-functional multi-project facilitation
Packaging process operations/development
Leader SKU development
Knowledge of printing processes - Litho, Flexo, Digital
Brand Standard creation and updates
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.