At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We have been named one of the world's most innovative companies and we are on a mission to provide the best interconnected shopping experience to our consumers. To do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about re-imagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it’s like to be a part of our HomeDepot.com team. Who knows? Your next big idea may just change the future of retail!
The Product Management, Sr. Manager – B2B/Pro is responsible for driving the strategy and execution of the B2B/Pro Experience. This includes attracting, retaining and developing top talent focused on assessing market needs and inspiring cross-functional product teams to find the fastest way to achieve value around those needs. The Product Management, Sr. Manager – B2B/Pro focuses on guiding and executing the delivery of business value to drive sales, improve efficiency and improve customer satisfaction through the production of quality products. Within their designated enterprise product line (B2B/Pro), Sr. Managers work closely with teams of developers, designers and business partners. They guide in-depth business reviews, communicate and present across all levels of the organization and support cross-functional product teams.
The Product Management, Sr. Manager – B2B/Pro leads the strategy to deliver quality products that add value. The Sr. Manager is skilled and experienced in generating innovative ideas for growth within B2B/Pro and across the Product Management organization. The Product Management, Sr. Manager must exhibit the ability to lead managers and their teams and drive change management and process improvement. The Product Management, Sr. Manager – B2B/Pro often leads senior-level Product Managers and/or leads teams of Product Managers that are responsible for higher-profile, more impactful products.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
40% - Strategy & Planning:
- Looks across product teams and feature sets with a focus on alignment and dependencies.
- Sets the overall product vision and strategies for the enterprise product thorough an understanding of customer and associate needs, both existing and potential, to provide Home Depot customers and associates with an unparalleled shopping experience.
- Applies domain expertise to provide thought leadership and translate vision into action to drive business growth.
- Collaborates across the enterprise to create alignment between products to provide a seamless user experience.
- Understands financial and business impact of proposed product updates and activities within portfolio; prioritizes updates to support the enterprise roadmap; and allocates funding across the products.
- Identifies goals, metrics and appropriate analytics to measure the performance of the product and its individual features, and makes recommendations and refinements to the product based on learnings.
- Contributes to and makes recommendations for strategic plans of the key objectives in a timely and fiscally responsible manner.
- Participates in and influences development of enterprise technology roadmaps
- Supports and nurtures strategic vendor relationships; recommends ways to influence vendors that align to domain, portfolio, and enterprise strategic objectives.
30% - Delivery & Execution:
- Drives product development by reviewing performance and directing work efforts of product teams to ensure products are aligned with company, stakeholder and end-user priorities.
- Documents, reviews and validates to meet quality and change control standards.
- Understands enterprise goals and KPIs to deliver value against them.
- Resolves issues within or across product teams that may impair teams from delivery of a quality product in order to meet strategic, financial and technical goals.
- Receives and prioritizes incoming requests from business partners and stakeholders balanced against business strategy, product vision and user needs.
- Provides guidance on design of products while balancing dependencies and integration with other products across the enterprise.
- Reviews and analyzes product metrics to inform strategic and tactical product decisions.
- Makes suggestions to drive operational excellence, create internal customer satisfaction and meet operational metrics.
30% - People:
- Provides leadership, mentoring and coaching to Product Managers.
- Attracts, retains and develops top talent to build a world class Product Management Team.
- Conducts annual and mid-year reviews, reviewing individual development plans and providing performance feedback.
- Fosters collaboration with team members (Engineering, UX, etc.) to drive value, identify and resolve impediments.
- Is an advocate of modern software development practices.
- Advocates for the end user and stakeholder by associating with the product, empathizing with and understanding user needs.
- Works with the product team to assess progress, disseminate lessons learned, and understand next steps.
- Manages cross-functional team and stakeholder expectations to execute product strategy.
- Educates requestors to determine priority based on tangible benefits and/or user experience.
- Guides junior team members in strategy, alignment, analysis and execution tasks.
- Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice).
Nature and Scope
- Typically reports to the Director, Sr. Director or Vice President.
Environmental Job Requirements
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 6 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience.
- Mastery of working as a Product Manager in a modern software development based enterprise environment and overseeing multiple products.
- Mastery of modern software development product management practices and agile methodologies, specifically the extreme programming (XP) principles of paired programming, test driven development and continuous deployment.
- Mastery of working in a fast paced, fluid environment where priorities shift on a regular basis.
- Proficiency in communicating with and influencing functional and technical team members at all levels in the organization.
- Mastery of working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern software design and development team.
- Proficiency in creating, prioritizing and accepting user stories.
- Proficiency in conducting user research and testing to understand needs.
- Mastery of identifying goals, metrics and analytics to measure product value.
- Proficiency in conducting competitive research and analysis.
- Proficiency in guiding more junior team members through Product Management fundamentals in a professional setting.
- Proficiency in managing and growing team members in a professional setting.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Attracts Top Talent: Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs
- Balances Stakeholders: Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization s goals
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization s goals
- Drives Engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Manages Complexity: Making sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Organizational Savvy: Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process and people-related organizational dynamics
- Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.