We are searching for a Senior Manager of Product Management to lead major portions of our product roadmap within the product management discipline at QuoteCenter. In this role, you will work with our existing team of managers, software developers, designers and analysts as QuoteCenter expands as a core strategic product within Home Depot’s portfolio.
What is it like to work at The Home Depot QuoteCenter?
Working at the world's fourth largest retailer mixes the best of many worlds: cutting-edge technologies applied to business problems, solving real needs for customers who spend billions of dollars across our stores in North America.
- Work with the leadership team to manage a team of Product Managers.
- Create and maintain the QuoteCenter product roadmap.
- Define, hire, and develop members of the product management team.
- Select and introduce product management tools and patterns to create consistency within product areas.
- Experience managing the constraints, tensions and expectations of executive-level stakeholders.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
25% - Manage a Product Management team in defining a world-class customer experience that bridges the online and multi-channels; Gain a thorough understanding of customer needs and use that knowledge to create a product roadmap with their team which delivers site features that provide customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
25% - Maintain a product & feature roadmap and manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, site performance and operational support load. Ensure team writes complete & detail-oriented product requirements documents; Ensure clear communications of requirements to the business, design, usability & development teams
15% - Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the teams ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals; As the subject matter expert, forecast, monitor, understand and report on teams product lines and own the overall results
15% - Create buy-in for their product vision both within the online team and with key enterprise stakeholders; Lead cross-functionally to ensure Home Depot implements the business vision efficiently
10% - Leverage their thorough understanding of the retail industry, its seasonality and global business trends/events, and competitor/industry developments when managing priorities and trade-offs on their product and feature roadmap
10% - Identify and assess the value of technology licensing with new vendors to deliver on innovative customer experience features
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Director Product Strategy and Operations.
This position has 6 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Recent experience in a relevant software product management role is required.
- Recent experience operating in a leadership capacity, i.e. managing project teams or direct management is required.
- Proven ability to digest high level problems and move through the process of questioning, analyzing, and troubleshooting to defining potential solutions, gaining stakeholder buy-in and collaborating with necessary teams to execute strategy.
- Ability to decompose complex business problems into digestible pieces, pair with meaningful data and work back up to holistic solution recommendation.
- Proven history of working with stakeholders, users and subject matter experts to gain a functional understanding of business problems and technical solutions then documenting business knowledge, defining, and prioritizing requirements.
- Experience defining & supporting operational objectives by gathering information from subject matter experts in the following areas: Technology, Business Strategy, Operations, and End Users.
- Prior experience defining and implementing team standards/templates is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical users.
- Demonstrated data-driven approach to prioritization and managing product roadmaps in an Agile SDLC.
- Recent experience with analytics and/or business intelligence software applications.
- Experience indirectly managing people and processes around project groups is a bonus.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Slack, or other comparable tools.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Excellent communicator in both verbal and written form.
- Polished presentation skills, creating materials and presenting to various levels of management.
- Big picture thinker able to operate effectively at 30k-foot view, but also able to get into the details when necessary.
- Strong storyteller, is able to formulate cohesive messages with meaningful and impactful points that resonate with target audience.
- Self-starter, requires little to no direction to be effective at role.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.