The Company Store intern program offers talented college students an opportunity to develop leadership skills and gain hands on experience working with a number of leaders on projects that impact the online business of one of the world's leading retailers. During a 8 week period, interns will be assigned to a functional team such as online merchandising or marketing learn day-to-day operations and overall comprehension of the online business at The Company Stores corporate office in Weehawken, NJ.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Use strategic thinking to approach problems and create solutions
- Responsible for the accuracy and quality of work performed
- Develop and implement project plans; determine requirements, deliverables, resources, timing/milestones, and risks
- Communicate findings and project status clearly and professionally through presentations. Make recommendations to upper management.
- Provide comprehensive report out to senior leaders on assignments and other related projects
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to Manager or Team Lead
- No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Excellent academic performance
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Creative and innovative
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated results-oriented leadership
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and schedule demands
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team oriented
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.