The Sr. Analyst, Services Online Experience delivers value to the organization by understanding and analyzing the key drivers of online traffic performance related to Services online. The Sr. Analyst will look at online trends as well as performance within category, PLP and PIP pages. The Sr. Analyst will identify and support process improvement initiatives in regard to the customer experience online for Home Services, solves problems by considering courses of action within the framework of business goals and standards and provides and communicates recommendations to upper management. Must be a self-starter, work well with a team, interact with multiple levels and functions within the Home Services, Merchandising and Homedepot.com organization. The Sr. Analyst will serve as a thought partner for Services leadership to help them better understand key business drivers for Services Online. This person should be able to effectively communicate to teams and other leaders, review and understand sales/financial data and identify trends in business and the retail industry. This role uses strategic thinking to see the big picture, determine the problem and understand fundamental parts of the problem to determine the appropriate solution
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
25%- Interpret data based on specific knowledge of statistics and procedures used/ Provide Data to all directors to support decision making. Provide input on forecast based on knowledge of product and technology.
20%- Review sales/financial analyses (what sold/did not sell; determine which categories have potential to move upward; cost/benefit analysis; data process modeling/analysis of problems, regression analysis).
15%- Identify trends in consumer lifestyle and technology; conduct customer focus groups and analyze/synthesize findings. Scan business/industry trends; scan competitive landscape; analyze consumer data.
20%- Provide input on strategy based on knowledge of industry and technology trends. Provide customers with specialized information from a variety of resources. Facilitate workout problem-solving sessions with multiple groups of people.
20%- Synthesize findings and derive conclusions from analyses and make oral/written recommendations to upper management. Execute tasks related to core operations projects and/or process improvements. Execute day to day processes related to their areas of responsibility. Communicate issues and roadblocks related to respective area.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to a Services Manager.
This position has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 4 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Experience in Ecommerce, process analysis and improvement
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Data analysis
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Critical thinking skills to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions; ability to understand and foresee implications of new information for current and future problem solving.
- An unquenchable intellectual curiosity for getting at the underlying store being told within the data.
- Creative approach to problem solving, innovation, and issue resolution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to persuade, inform, and influence others based on findings. A track record of taking complex results and communicating them in an easily understood way.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate actively and work in a team environment. Ability quickly learn and adapt to new technologies, tools, and techniques.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.