At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We’ve been named one of the world's most innovative companies and we are on a mission to provide the best interconnected shopping experience to our consumers. To do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about re-imagining the future of retail.
Did we mention that our corporate internship program is ranked in the top 10 internships in the US? Better yet, that is based entirely on feedback from our previous interns!
Our e-Commerce team offers talented graduate students an opportunity to develop leadership skills and gain hands on experience, while working in lockstep with leaders on projects directly transforming our e-Commerce business. The focus of our internship program is on learning day-to-day operations and obtaining an overall comprehension of the e-Commerce business for The Home Depot. During the 12 week summer period, we are seeking interns in each of the following departments:
User Experience Design / UX Design: These internships will be centered around the overall design of the shopping experience on homedepot.com. We will have interns supporting teams focused on UX design, but they will collaborate with team members in UXA and User Research.
Product Management: These internships will be centered around Product Management for end-to-end experiences on homedepot.com. We will have interns supporting teams focused on Search, Mobile App and Site Experience.
Data Analytics: These internships will be centered around Analytics & Business Insights for homedepot.com. We will have interns supporting teams focused on analyzing customer data and business trends to identify opportunities for enhancements on the overall customer shopping experience.
Data Science (Master’s/PhD Level): These internships will be centered around the analytical infrastructure and computational capabilities of homedepot.com. We will have interns supporting teams focused on manipulating large datasets to extract meaningful business information using statistics and machine learning techniques.
Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it’s like to be a part of our 2019 e-Commerce Internship Program!
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Use strategic thinking to approach problems and create solutions
- Responsible for the accuracy and quality of work performed
- Develop and implement project plans; determine requirements, deliverables, resources, timing/milestones, and risks
- Communicate findings and project status clearly and professionally through presentations. Make recommendations to upper management.
- Provide comprehensive report out to senior leaders on assignments and other related projects
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to Intern Manager
- No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
Excellent academic performance
- User Experience Design / UX Design: Currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in UX Design, User Research, Industrial Design or Product Design. Excellent academic performance and design portfolio is required.
- Product Management: Currently enrolled and pursuing a MBA, or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Analytics, and previous product management experience is preferred. Excellent academic performance is required.
- Data Analytics: Currently enrolled and pursuing a Master’s degree in Analytics, Math, Statistics, or closely related field is preferred. Excellent academic performance is required.
- Data Science: Currently enrolled and pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Math, Analytics or closely related field is preferred. Excellent academic performance is required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Creative and innovative
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated results-oriented leadership
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and schedule demands
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team oriented
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.