The Director of Strategic Communications is responsible for developing and promoting the overall messaging of the company s strategic priorities, business leadership, CSR, and executive communications, both internally and externally, in conjunction with Investor Relations and other key stakeholders. The Director will work closely with the company s CEO and Senior Leadership Team. The Director will also operate as a tightly connected partner with Investor Relations, Strategic Business Development, and the broader Corporate Communications team. The Director will manage all executive communications, including executive media relations and any necessary speech writing and internal message development, as needed. The Director will develop the overarching strategy and execution of internal strategy communications programs.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 40% - Develop integrated internal/external messaging and strategies; Appropriately communicate the company s strategic vision among associates as well as external audiences, as appropriate
- 20% - Drive collaboration on message development and consistency among numerous cross-functional groups
- 20% - Develop clear messaging architecture to ensure consistent strategy communications across leadership and various business functions
- 10% - Oversee coordination and day-to-day logistics needs for internal and external events for the CEO and Executive Leadership Team
- 10% - Manage day-to-day communications activities for the company s CEO and other Executive Leadership Team, as needed
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position reports to the VP Corporate Communications and External Affairs.
- This position has up to 5 direct reports.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 8 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- A college degree is required. An advanced degree in Business, Finance, English or Communications is preferred. Candidate should have 10-15 years of experience with a significant level of prior experience in a senior communications role, specifically developing strategic communications with an agency or Fortune 100 company.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to develop, articulate and drive execution of large, long-term strategic communications initiatives
- Extensive experience working with senior-most leadership with the confidence and ability to provide helpful feedback to all leadership levels
- Proven experience working with financial functions such as Investor Relations to translate complex messaging in a creative fashion
- Strong business acumen and the ability to comprehend and act on complex situations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.