The Associate Support Department Supervisor (ASDS) is a central point of contact for store associates and also provides direct support to the store leadership team. The ASDS is responsible for developing associate schedules and for assisting with hourly staffing, orientation and training processes. This role assists with timely completion of hourly performance reviews and supports the Store Manager in hourly succession planning. The ASDS coordinates service and recognition awards. The ASDS also supports a productive work environment by ensuring maintenance in the break room, training room, and communication boards. The position is also responsible for ensuring that hourly HR records are properly sent to the HRSC. Due to the sensitivity of information handled, the ASDS must maintain strict confidentiality.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Reviewing sales and hours forecasts with the Store Manager
- Producing and interpreting performance graphs from the Labor Management system to review scheduling effectiveness on a department by department basis with the Store Manager
- Maintaining associate data in automated system to record associate default department assignments and days and time they are available to work
- Editing associate schedules to address issues such as equity and provisions of local labor laws
- Producing and reviewing proposed schedules with the Store Manager
- Posting final associate schedules prior to established deadline
- Welcoming candidates and escorting them to interviews
- Validating candidate I-9 information
- Notifying the HRSC of hourly job openings
- Maintaining and ordering all new hire forms; coordinating new hire orientation
- Assigning coaches for new associates
- Assisting Store Manager with changes in staffing needs and staffing moves
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Partnering with the management team to ensure all associates are aware of training curriculum requirements
- Developing and posting training calendars
- Tracking all associate training requirements and requests, verifying any prerequisite requirements, ordering training materials and tracking actual training enrollment
- Setting up and maintaining quarterly associate performance review schedules and incorporating these schedules into the Scheduler system as needed
- Follow up with Dept Supervisors and ASMs to ensure timely performance reviews
- Ensure hourly performance codes and wage changes are entered on schedule
- Coordinating receipt and distribution of service awards and tracking of all associate recognition programs
- Coordinate Town Hall meetings and action planning
- Maintaining common area standards for break room, training room, and communication boards.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The position is a direct report to the Store Manager, with dotted-line reporting to the District Human Resources Manager.
This position may supervise additional scheduling activity needed to support stores with higher volume.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule
Must have demonstrated ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
2 years of relevant work experience
Home Depot knowledge
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:Act Professionally
Ensure Superior Service
Attention to Detail
Make Sound Decisions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.