BlackLocus is building cloud-based analytic tools to optimize and automate retail merchandising decisions such as pricing, assortment, space and fulfillment. By applying machine learning and revenue management techniques, the BlackLocus platform enables intelligent retail software to identify opportunities for competitive advantage. The company was a venture-funded startup, founded by Carnegie Mellon alumni and entrepreneurs with a passion for creative deployment of new technology. Acquired by The Home Depot in December of 2012, we operate with autonomy as a product lab from an office located in downtown Austin, TX.
- 75% Delivery & Execution
- Write clean, maintainable, high-quality code.
- Collaborate to establish best practices across our development projects.
- Help take new products from prototype to deployment.
- Solve problems with production systems and automate operations as much as possible.
- Stay current with advancements in technology and advocate for the appropriate use of those advancements in our own stack.
- 25% Mentoring
- Mentors other engineers via design and code review
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- Reports to a Manager.
- This position has no direct reports.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- You are a respected senior-level coder, and enjoy working in any language appropriate to the problem.
- You're happy to collaborate with a diverse range of people.
- Your ability to communicate with peers is on par with your technical skill.
- You can explain the difference between all those crazy join statements SQL uses.
- You realize that the ideal first release of a product is one that may not include all the features the business wants, but works better than the audience expects.
- You have a strong foundation in algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis. BS in CS, or equivalent experience and self-education.
- You have 6+ yrs software engineering experience
- No additional qualifications
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a PhD program in a field of study related to the job.
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
- No additional years of experience
Minimum Leadership Experience:
Preferred Leadership Experience:
- You have had to deal with some of the quirks of ElasticSearch.
- You care deeply about the details while keeping the big picture in mind.
- You enjoy developing creative solutions to challenging problems in a self-directed, lean environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.